Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any of the Poulan experts here know the factory primary & secondary points coil resistances for the 200, 300, or 400 series?

I looked for 30 minutes, nothing on the service manuals.
Only thing I have that has points in a service manuel is the xxv but it doesn't state coil resistance.

Steve Sidwell
That's a modifiedmark question.

Thank you for the notes that 3400 and 3800 saws have the similar arched port.

Going to pull my grey Craftsman apart today and measure the bore to see what it really is.

Then it will be DE arched, similar to Todds photo. I won't leave traces of the arch in the corners. The corners when I am done with it will be straight in following the tapered ports lines. The top of the port will be staight across, not scalloped. As straight as I can do by hand.

The intake carb isolator will also lose all sharp corners and be opened up to match the cylinder I take port.

That is how I did one of my yellow 3400s. That engine woke right up and is running very close to my 3700s.

Ok so then with this information coming to light how does one figure out what model Poulan this Craftsman saw is? Measure diameter of the bore?

Want to attack mine now hmmm. Only issue is my wife killed my dremel a few days ago:(

Show the wife how to use a small chainsaw to be creative, that might open up a whole new level of saw purchases for you. LOL

New dremels are available everywhere. Maybe your wife needs to get you an early birthday gift of a super Dremel to replace the one the magic smoke was let out of.

Think positive! no negative vibes are tolerable! :)

Are there any 3/8 pitch or .325 -.063 gauge bars that can be modified to work on Poulan 3300 and 3500 saws?

Any bar can be modified, oil holes drilled Oil passageways can be ground, adjuster holes enlarged or new drilled where needed. slots ground or filed open, bushings used on bolts to take up the slack.

Just pick a bar wide enough to cover your oil hole and rework it to fit your application.

Back