Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was asked, What are the stores like in your area?

Well I live 20 miles from any major stores so I go shopping once every 2 to 3 weeks, sometimes longer because of logistics, so I have no idea, because of our location we keep invetory in the house of basic need item, food wise. I am good for a year. I have no idea what the idiots that have been indoctrinated have done.

Was in Lowes today and the shelves looked normal.

It was asked, What are the stores like in your area?

Well I live 20 miles from any major stores so I go shopping once every 2 to 3 weeks, sometimes longer because of logistics, so I have no idea, because of our location we keep invetory in the house of basic need item, food wise. I am good for a year. I have no idea what the idiots that have been indoctrinated have done.

Was in Lowes today and the shelves looked normal.

You must be practicing social distance. I live about 30 miles from any stores.

Nice set up. That sprocket will take any 3/8 chain, your micro may require LP, but the rim will take any 3/8 chain. Nice setup, replacement rims are not expensive.

I believe it is the small hub rim. Rims are available in two sizes of splines, and the splines are different configure for each size. I believe it is the small shaft rim setup.
The rim is permanently affixed. MAC made a bunch like that.

Full 3/8 won't wrap around that one. It does work somewhat the other way around. Carvers use a regular 3/8 rim for LP but it does hammer the drivers down after awhile.

The rim is permanently affixed. MAC made a bunch like that.

Full 3/8 won't wrap around that one. It does work somewhat the other way around. Carvers use a regular 3/8 rim for LP but it does hammer the drivers down after awhile.

Thank you for the clarity, didn't realize it was permanently affixed.

As I look at your blurry photos It is very difficult to see that the rim is permanently affixed. Is MAC the manurfacturer of this drum?

Thank you for the clarity, didn't realize it was permanently affixed.

As I look at your blurry photos It is very difficult to see that the rim is permanently affixed. Is MAC the manurfacturer of this drum?
Is LBT blue for lube?

I make/mix my own, it is , simple lube from castbullet forum. I do have one use for synthetic 2 stroke oil, it makes a good sprue plate lube. Lol. You won't catch me using any of that synthetic witches brew in my 2 strokes, lol.

Blurry photos? , "I have a potty mouth" blind guy.
You were wrong & typed out a bunch of garbage!
Can you tell us what the Poulan part number is for the needle bearing used in that sprocket?

Thank you for the kind words.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers with garbage, and yes I was wrong about the rim being replacable.

Ultimately I don't believe you can possibly comprehend how little I care what you think.

Enjoy the day !

I had a Mac Attack. It Took two to make one.
WTF am I going to do with all theses junker saws that run great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
So I got the 3800 fixed up and back together today. She runs like a champ. Ran her for a half hour cutting and she never quit. I’m happy. With that said I’m on to the next project that has been sitting tore apart for awhile. Had to run new fuel line for my 2900. Got that all done and am ready to reassemble. Found this gasket laying in the bottom underneath the carb.
49618AFA-D416-4454-BEF9-CAB32DB1CDC1.jpeg
I’m assuming it goes between the plastic manifold and the carb but I haven’t found a good way for it to fit in there. The choke valve seems to have a larger diameter than what’s in that metal gasket. I could be completely wrong. I just don’t ever remember seeing that thing until now. Any input is greatly appreciated. Did some googling and haven’t found anything yet but will keep looking.

So I got the 3800 fixed up and back together today. She runs like a champ. Ran her for a half hour cutting and she never quit. I’m happy. With that said I’m on to the next project that has been sitting tore apart for awhile. Had to run new fuel line for my 2900. Got that all done and am ready to reassemble. Found this gasket laying in the bottom underneath the carb.
View attachment 807220
I’m assuming it goes between the plastic manifold and the carb but I haven’t found a good way for it to fit in there. The choke valve seems to have a larger diameter than what’s in that metal gasket. I could be completely wrong. I just don’t ever remember seeing that thing until now. Any input is greatly appreciated. Did some googling and haven’t found anything yet but will keep looking.
That goes up against the rubber boot in the bulkhead, then the gasket then the carb.

We got 2 inches of snow today, no small saws got ran
Come on down here but bring your knee hi rubber boots. We'll be in the 80's some this week but with the humidity it'll feel like it's in the 90's. You can cut all your heart desires in between the rain showers.

Steve Sidwell

I've used both with good results. The 6 is hotter than the 7. The 3400 manual says Champion CJ8Y.
Champion number. the higher the hotter, NGK the lower is hotter.
Thanks Fossil, I've been running the bpmr7a's and they worked alright but I put a bpmr6a in a 3400 that I've had for awhile and it seemed to start easier and run better in the cut. Think I'll try them in a couple more saws.

I have seen those Tim. Only rarely that I can recall. Poulan must have had to use a fill in supplier at one time.

MM,
Those are kind of like the Oregon 23115 - 7 tooth - 9 spline rim drives for the S25DA series, but a full house 3/8” fits the 23115 rim .... and the desired 3/8” LP are sloppy from fore to aft. Not sure what’s up with that.

Normally you’ll see the Oregon 19779 - 9 spline - 9 tooth 1/4” pitch rim used on the S25DA.

I’d never run full 3/8” pitch on a S25DA.

The 530048074 for the micro is “correctly” just the opposite, 3/8” LP fits fine but the full house is too wide. Have a couple spares of the 48074 here for a P2000, but alas the needle bearings are missing.

Back