Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep we been on stay at home already for a couple weeks. But allowed to go to parks lakes etc. Long as you stay away from others and no grouping.
Ours was suppose to end Apr 6th. But now extended to May 1st.
They seem to think the next 2 weeks are going to be the high point here now.

Stay safe and enjoy life while you can. You just never know.

Heck it got Joe at 61.

Needed a break from just about everything so I took yesterday and today off and Quarantined myself in the shop/ backyard for most of the day. They switched over to LED bay lights at work so there was stacks of the old T5HO fixtures. Got two mounted over the bench.
AD9214FD-0AC5-4763-BD72-4E66BB001195.jpeg

Had the 5200 out and the Mac850 to do some comparisons on the stick pile in the back yard. 32” bar is overkill but damn that skip tooth went thru those arborvitae like butter. I put the 850 on the floor and let the 5200 sleep on the bench for the night.
7F115355-B888-4915-933A-C811F8B64E32.jpeg4A4C29F7-F7C6-4955-A03E-298B30D82F3D.jpeg
Damn I love this saw.

Should’ve taken a video so you guys can hear what it’s like when the wind machines are running full tilt across the valley. They also run the irritating sprinklers and it coats the orchards in ice to protect the buds on the trees.

Hey everyone! I hope each of you is well, healthy, and having a good evening. I was running my Poulan 8500 today and it did well for the most part. She's so damn loud and proud! Halfway through the project it felt like the H needle needed adjusting, so I did. I haven't cleaned the saw yet and will first thing tomorrow morning, but I can't remember how many turns in/out each needle should have. I want to set it to it's factory settings and then adjust. Can someone please share? While we're at it, the tank vent is now missing and I don't remember what size line I need to replace it with. Thoughts, recommendations, and resources? I pulled out the PP 375 and ran it today as well. I gotta say, I just flat out love these older Poulans! Best, and have a great weekend. Max.

Hey everyone! I hope each of you is well, healthy, and having a good evening. I was running my Poulan 8500 today and it did well for the most part. She's so damn loud and proud! Halfway through the project it felt like the H needle needed adjusting, so I did. I haven't cleaned the saw yet and will first thing tomorrow morning, but I can't remember how many turns in/out each needle should have. I want to set it to it's factory settings and then adjust. Can someone please share? While we're at it, the tank vent is now missing and I don't remember what size line I need to replace it with. Thoughts, recommendations, and resources? I pulled out the PP 375 and ran it today as well. I gotta say, I just flat out love these older Poulans! Best, and have a great weekend. Max.

1 and 1 are what the 4400, 4900 and 5400 called for. Adjust from there. Same idea with the 3400-4000 series. But, I don't have any doc's on the 8500, so someone else may suggest otherwise.

Attachments

• 1586049714455.png
    1586049714455.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 13

Yep I have to agree the old Poulans are some pretty cool saws. I really like the countervibes and most of the saws that came after that. Everyone has their preference those just happen to be mine.

I'll add my favorites to the list 3700, 3800 4000 and my original the 3400 and the big brothers 5200 and my most favorite the 5400. Not sure why but the 5400 has a place, might be cuz that was the first big one I got. They are so easy to work on and maintain. What are your favorite ones and your most favorite?

Latest posts

Back