• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Poulan Timbermaster 3450 w/ 20" bar - New Old Stock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpsoldia311

Reaction score
Got a good bit of new old stock Poulan's left that I came across in several lots at an equipment auction, they were pulled out of a sealed warehouse where they sat new in the box and were saran-wrapped up on the original pallets from the store. These have never seen the light of day since they were made, no gas, no oil, nothing. Most are stamped 2003. I've had these listed locally on craigslist as I drive for work throughout the Carolinas and VA but my work dictates my schedule and I can't meet up immediately a lot of the time so I'm throwing them on here.

The boxes can be a bit crumpled but if anything inside is damaged (none have so far), I'll take it back 100% and swap it. Fuel hose, intake boot, and carb gaskets are all pliable and not brittle. On mine and several of the ones people have asked to inspect, looking through the muffler there's no rust/corrosion inside and still a light oil film on the hardware/cylinder. The first one I opened pulls 170psi compression after 2 tanks through it.

I'm sure there are some other lurkers and collectors on here that have bought from me previously a few months back, though they got a steal on that first lot. These are the last ones left in the second and last lot, which weren't nearly as cheap. Pickup and/or meetup preferred so you can try it and/or look it over. Can ship, but it's on your dime and method; I'd prefer not to unless you're OK with me opening the box to throw in some shipping kraft paper and putting the OEM box in another box; the OEM cardboard is decent enough to handle but I wouldn't trust it getting thrown around going across the country.

Specs: 54cc, Walbro HDA-164 carb, chain brake, adjustable oiler, 20" Poulan bar/chain (unassembled), saw multitool, original 2-cycle oil (not sure if I trust it), and manual.

Pretty firm at $275, though if you want to buy more than one we can work something out. Had several people buy 2 or 3 at a time. Any questions, feel free to ask. Can send more pics on request.IMG_4821.JPG
IMG_4818.JPG IMG_4814.JPG IMG_4815.JPG

Hello, I am curious as to how many of these you have and what other models of new poulans you have? Also where are you located? I am interested in possibly purchasing one and curious to what other models you have.

Thanks, John

These particular 3450 models are the only ones I've got in this condition, at least a half dozen left that aren't spoken for. Really dont have anything else in this state, the rest are just yard sale finds my old man picked up and I tinkered with or fixed by lurking around on here over the years. I did see someone get another but massive lot (80-100?) of similar never-used Poulan 2550's at the same time. I think they were 42cc w/ 18" bar and came in a case. Surprised I've never seen them pop up on fleabay or here yet.

Located near Raleigh NC but I drive a lot for work and can meet if pre-planned around both Carolinas and Virginia.

Got a good bit of new old stock Poulan's left that I came across in several lots at an equipment auction, they were pulled out of a sealed warehouse where they sat new in the box and were saran-wrapped up on the original pallets from the store. These have never seen the light of day since they were made, no gas, no oil, nothing. Most are stamped 2003. I've had these listed locally on craigslist as I drive for work throughout the Carolinas and VA but my work dictates my schedule and I can't meet up immediately a lot of the time so I'm throwing them on here.

The boxes can be a bit crumpled but if anything inside is damaged (none have so far), I'll take it back 100% and swap it. Fuel hose, intake boot, and carb gaskets are all pliable and not brittle. On mine and several of the ones people have asked to inspect, looking through the muffler there's no rust/corrosion inside and still a light oil film on the hardware/cylinder. The first one I opened pulls 170psi compression after 2 tanks through it.

I'm sure there are some other lurkers and collectors on here that have bought from me previously a few months back, though they got a steal on that first lot. These are the last ones left in the second and last lot, which weren't nearly as cheap. Pickup and/or meetup preferred so you can try it and/or look it over. Can ship, but it's on your dime and method; I'd prefer not to unless you're OK with me opening the box to throw in some shipping kraft paper and putting the OEM box in another box; the OEM cardboard is decent enough to handle but I wouldn't trust it getting thrown around going across the country.

Specs: 54cc, Walbro HDA-164 carb, chain brake, adjustable oiler, 20" Poulan bar/chain (unassembled), saw multitool, original 2-cycle oil (not sure if I trust it), and manual.

Pretty firm at $275, though if you want to buy more than one we can work something out. Had several people buy 2 or 3 at a time. Any questions, feel free to ask. Can send more pics on request.View attachment 577318
View attachment 577319 View attachment 577320 View attachment 577321
Do you have any of these Poulan 3450 for sale?

All PM's answered, sorry took a hiatus on actively selling these after moving. Just to update others I do have some of these left, but also just to update on the saw performance in general below:

I haven't heard about it from any of the people I sold the other 30+ saws towards but I did notice that even with ethanol free gas after about 8 or 9 tanks and a few years of sitting around that my personal 3450 saw out of the first lot started to degrade the pot-metal in the fuel filter and that residue would gum up the carb filter. I cleaned it up once but it continued again so I swapped it out with a plastic fuel filter, so far that's the only thing I've had an issue with but just wanted to let you know if you plan to actively use it and/or are a semi-collector.

All PM's answered, sorry took a hiatus on actively selling these after moving. Just to update others I do have some of these left, but also just to update on the saw performance in general below:

I haven't heard about it from any of the people I sold the other 30+ saws towards but I did notice that even with ethanol free gas after about 8 or 9 tanks and a few years of sitting around that my personal 3450 saw out of the first lot started to degrade the pot-metal in the fuel filter and that residue would gum up the carb filter. I cleaned it up once but it continued again so I swapped it out with a plastic fuel filter, so far that's the only thing I've had an issue with but just wanted to let you know if you plan to actively use it and/or are a semi-collector.
any left?

Back