• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Poulan vs Stihl

jimdeere

jimdeere

ArboristSite Operative
I might have to eat my words. I was just at Tractor Supply and they have the Poulan 5020 49cc? for $159.00! It looks like a well made saw. That’s cheaper than the cheapest Stihl. In fact, you could buy two of them for less than a Stihl 290.
I don’t like saws with primer bulbs but at that price....
I have 4 Stihls but I’d like to try the 5020.

Mustang71

Mustang71

Addicted to ArboristSite
I might have to eat my words. I was just at Tractor Supply and they have the Poulan 5020 49cc? for $159.00! It looks like a well made saw. That’s cheaper than the cheapest Stihl. In fact, you could buy two of them for less than a Stihl 290.

Idk what 4 stihl saws you have but try the poulan. I hear good things about it but my 028 really changed my view of chainsaw cc's. Theres a big difference in power between a pro saw and box store saw. I love stihl saws for getting the job done but I use my poulan saws a lot more to cut small stuff and have fun. If I had money to blow I'd buy a 2050. I've been cutting with a corona hand saw for fun. If its sharp it cuts. I have so much ash to cut.

svk

A little bit of everything
There’s a dedicated thread on the 5020...check it out!

milkie62

milkie62

ArboristSite Guru
I have a Poulan 3000 branded Sears that ran well. Still have it but have not used it in about 20 yrs. Have a few 2000 & 3700's that are great saws. But mostly now I run ported Husky's