Poulan wild thing modifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtybird

Reaction score
I want to take a pollen wild thing which is a relatively cheap saw and turn it into something that will compete with high end chainsaws whether it be heavily modified or not I've already got a pretty good start on it but just like to have some info or input on what other people thanks

I know most people's going to say oh a wild thing is junk or what not but I've always had good results out of them if you do basic maintenance to them they'll run forever

I got on I already started messing with and an extra head that I ported just not sure if I done it right never have before but if it works and makes power the exhaust won't be a prob

This is the head if any input on it I may have made a paper weight

Attachments

• received_867522014175423.jpeg
    received_867522014175423.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 21
  • received_796150254626776.jpeg
    received_796150254626776.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 20
When I started with two stroke bikes I did small changes on four bikes doing more porting as I went. On my fourth bike I combined the other three and went as far as I could. Every little change does something.
Here’s what I learned so far,
With saws I raise the exhaust port so it opens sooner timing wise. I lowered the intake port so it opens sooner. I widened and polished the intake and exhaust ports. Take baby steps. Opening the exhaust port it exhausts faster/sooner but also super charges the intake port sooner.
Advance the timing if you can.
Listen to the guys here they have been longer into saws here.

For ha’s, ha’s I only cut the piston skirt bottom on a ‘71 ts125 suzuki bike. It was flying past newer Kawie 80’s in the straights. One kid was in tears.

Currently porting my Partner 351 (Poulan 2150)....

IMG_20211122_153914.jpg

Pretty amount of oil @the bottom....32:1 Motul 800 :)
IMG_20211122_153939.jpg

Did some previous port job...will drill 2 additional 3-4mm holes beside those original ones (they are already opened a bit from a previous MM)
IMG_20211122_154241.jpg

Re-drilled holes on that baffle (small one is OEM)
IMG_20211122_154516.jpg
Did play with ports before....will widen them some more....and polish them better...
IMG_20211122_154553.jpgIMG_20211122_154610.jpg
Pay attention on two notches on left&right in its exhaust port....seen that in some porting thread here...

When you play with ports pay attention that you round edges...otherwise you get small scratches on your piston :)
IMG_20211122_162251.jpg

If it will work out....it will....otherwise I will buy husquarna 135 mkII :)
Its cheap saw I use for learning!

Btw.... I tore it appart because I want to change all its fuel lines....primer bulb....crank seals...fuel filter.

It is working....but cuts out in the middle of the cut

Chineese 6201 crank bearings are even not in C3 tolerances.... C c c :)

Put my saw together....it fires....it revs ok (till the limiter kicks in <--- i like that). :)

Have to set its carburetor properly....it idles poor

I have wired fuel lines on new pump to the same order as on previous pump but it doesnt pump fuel...will re-wire lines next Weekend

Bar is not getting bar oil....will investigate that @weekend...

Thats all folks.....for now :)

Back