PowerSharp!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torch,
As far as I know, the Powersharp system is currently limited to small saws, usually about 40cc or under. I'd think you could probably put one on your Stihl 025 if the bar mount matches any of the Powersharp bars, but that might be about the upper limit of currently available Powersharp options. You would also probably need to make sure your 025 is using a 3/8 lp (picco) sprocket, as I don't think they are made for .325 chain. I've used them and they work pretty well, but I will advise you that if you push on the bar hard enough to flex it or push it against a curved surface when sharpening it, your saw will cut to one side (I inadvertently learned this when I pushed it against a crowned road when sharpening). Also, it seems to me you have to be extra careful of the chain, as it seems to more easily cut things with accidental contact than a regular chain.
It is VERY easy to sharpen the chain and it cuts very well. Just some different stuff to get used to.

I once asked about a full sized 3/8" PowerSharp setup, Blount replied it is in the works but development is several years out!

I just wonder, what is there to develop - just increase the chain chassis strength to 3/8" specs so that it can withstand the power of larger cc power heads.

I'd love to try PowerSharp on my 64/79cc saws because honestly the chain is too aggressive and bogs down my poor old 40cc.

As @Philbert said, last time I checked the PowerSharp system was available only in 3/8" LowProfile/Picco and only small(er) cc saws are listed in their chain selector.

I wonder if you could run the 3/8 lo pro on a Dolmar/Makita 521? Might be about right.
Gotta set the saw up with a 3/8" LowProfile/Picco sprocket and bar ( or use a bar without a nose sprocket).

I have a rim sprocket that should fit a 3/8" LowProfile chain perfectly, but I don't have a suitable bar to match my 64/79cc saw and the PowerSharp chain I have.

Beware PowerSharp Clones!!!!

PowerSharp clone 2.png

Seen recently on eBay. Oregon confirms that it is a clone / copy / counterfeit.

It is OK to not like the PowerSharp system, but do not base your opinion on these knock-offs.

Caveat Emptor!

Philbert

Wow that dolmar is hauling ass with the power sharp system. Teeth on that chain are a very strange animal... I have to say I’m impressed with what I’m seeing. You have my interest.

Thank you Philbert for bring this topic up!

Ebay, Amazon, and several other web sales companies are now carrying an OREGON® PowerSharp® sharpener knock-off.

The ads are most deceiving because they often show many pictures of the OREGON ® PowerSharp® sharpener, bar, and chain and only one picture of their knock-off sharpener. I’ve included some pictures taken from an Ebay ad. I put a red X through the knock-off sharpener.

The ads are compelling enough that the buyers are assuming it is an OREGON® product. Our customer service people are getting complaints of the stones coming off and hitting the users.

I ordered some “kits” for a better look at what comes in the package. The pictures of the knock-off sharpeners show many bad design features that will instantly dull the chain so the buyers will be very disappointed, if not also injured by the stones coming off. What is most troubling will be the black mark OREGON® will get because of a Chinese knock-off.

ad 1.JPG ad 2.JPG ad 3.JPG

No surprise there are knockoffs available as the originals are very hard to find and a bit spendy.

I'd love some for my Husqvarna 340, have a big dirty job on my property.
But unfortunately not available for that saw. Or the 455 Rancher.

Yeah, what is the possibilty of this product coming out in the bigger sizes?

I don't see bigger sizes in the present list of new product introductions. I've got six chains saws and can only use PowerSharp on two of them. So I usually use those two the most, even when I have to double cut to get through the logs. I don't like losing 1/2+ of my life filing chain. I'd like it in a bigger size also!

I don't see bigger sizes in the present list of new product introductions. I've got six chains saws and can only use PowerSharp on two of them. So I usually use those two the most, even when I have to double cut to get through the logs. I don't like losing 1/2+ of my life filing chain. I'd like it in a bigger size also!
It's been a while, are there problems in doing them in the bigger sizes?

The "kit" I ordered came in. No Chain, No Bar, only a very poorly made sharpener from Shenzhen China.

Really fun reading the sellers Facebook page comments. Lots of people are upset because the sharpener dulls the top plate, "sharpens" the wrong side, the stone comes flying out,................... They believed all the false comments about it working great. I left a comment saying their scam was a classic bait and switch scam. Bait the customers in with real OREGON PowerSharp videos and pictures and switch/send them to a very poor sharpener. My comment only lasted a day and then was removed.

If you want to put a comment on the facebook page follow this link and click on the Facebook icon to go to their page.

Let people know that there are fake sharpeners out there.

I've been a fan for a while, works great on my Stihl 020AV.
But unfortunately the latest chain I put on lost a tooth cutting pine on it's first outing. I didnt notice until cleaning up later. Inspected all other teeth and no damage whatsoever.

@PowerSharp Eng

20190914_145537.jpg

Latest posts

Back