PPE: boots, jacket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up one of my Pro Mark cutting shirts today. It's BULKY as heck. I guess I couldn't tell from the website how much padding there would be through the chest, shoulders and arms. Reminds me of playing high-school ball and wearing shoulder pads. It's not a bad thing I guess, but I anticipate this to be hot AS HELL during the Summer months. The "Summer" cutting shirt (as described in the Stihl website) hasn't been delivered yet, but I'm hoping that it's lighter than this one is. Either way, I don't think it's a bad thing, just different than I expected. By the feel of it though, I think it's well worth the price paid for it. Oh also, they run a little bit larger than described. Citting shirt 2.jpg

I use a Swedepro protective shirt. It's like an old football jersey i the back and sides with long sleeves and 6 layer pads of chainstop arrestex, padded shoulders with a neck protection pad as well. Warm but safe. Boots are Haix gen 1 forestry protective class 1 rated. Crappy safety orange color.

I just bought a ProVest II from DeltaPlus. Hope to get a chance to use it tomorrow. It has panels of PROLAR IV materials from bottom of my ribcage, to top of my shoulders. From what I can see online, Elvex and ERB are now part of DeltaPlus Corp.

Attachments

• IMG_4822.JPG
    IMG_4822.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4823.JPG
    IMG_4823.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 0
Picture was taken in 2021 in one of Dept of Natural Resources helicopters. At that time, Covid protocols dictated that anyone entering the aircraft must wear a mask. The symbol on the mask is the Nova Scotia flag. I am not a person who takes "selfies" as a rule, so the few on my phone are from times I am working with DNR. Good question though. :)

Back