Pretty new to climbing need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashby91

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey so like I said I'm new to climbing. I've worked for other arborist company's for years but they did not climb. All bucket work. This year I opened my own company , bought a bucket truck the motor went out and I have not really needed it since. With that said I have all my harnesses and lanyards, ropes and stuff but I'm wondering what y'all are assending and descend on. Right now I'm using the Blake's hitch and I'm looking to go to the next level with it. Thanks in advance!

Hey so like I said I'm new to climbing. I've worked for other arborist company's for years but they did not climb. All bucket work. This year I opened my own company , bought a bucket truck the motor went out and I have not really needed it since. With that said I have all my harnesses and lanyards, ropes and stuff but I'm wondering what y'all are assending and descend on. Right now I'm using the Blake's hitch and I'm looking to go to the next level with it. Thanks in advance!
The blakes is a good starting point, every climber should know how to climb a tree with just a rope. A split tail system is probably the next advancement after that. After that i'd be looking at a H.C system and then the Zigzag. Learn how to tie as many climbing knots as you can on the ground with your eyes closed. Learn how to body thrust and how to foot lock. Keep it low and slow to start with. Learn the basics first and then progress on to the more advanced systems as you gather experience and confidence.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

Arborist 101, created specifically for beginners, where kindly elders pass on sage advice.......

Commercial arborists won't stand for it!

Buncha cynical old buzzards, sittin round, waitin for somethin to die......

Jomoco

Back