Pro mac 800 build with options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These work great. I use them as the last step to beveling a freshly done port, just to get it extra smooth. Also use it for cleaning off old gaskets and gasket maker. Lots of uses for them. Certainly come in handy 09C30F5A-066F-4B52-A280-A338778C3795.png

These work great. I use them as the last step to beveling a freshly done port, just to get it extra smooth. Also use it for cleaning off old gaskets and gasket maker. Lots of uses for them. Certainly come in handy View attachment 835613

Thanks for the info, theres lots of good products available for cleaning up cylinders, I think alot people hear about the highly toxic and hit or mis practice of acid and get discouraged.
I clean the bumpers on my 68' Plymouth with brillo pads and the chrome just shines!
Being that the cylinder would otherwise be scrapped I encourage people to try different things.

20200614_100507.jpg20200614_100513.jpg20200614_102531.jpg
I also replaced the intake boot and did not use sealer on it. Honestly I don't know why you wouldn't replace a 20 year old rubber intake? It's a 12$ part as compared to a $300.00 p/c.
My old intake did show some pock marking at the tank flange.

HEY! Lets make an AWESOME saw with a huge heat generator! Thats what that big muffler is. I have good luck with heat shield on a 10-10a so I went ahead and used regular header wrap on the muffler.
The muffler is awkwardly shaped and bolts in 3 places . I did a traditional wrap on the front of the muffler and used a clamp and wire for the rear or after the exhaust port.
Originally the chip screen was melted on the bottom and its no wonder when the starter cover literally mounts against the muffler. 20200614_142858.jpg

Now its starting to look like a saw again . I need a new fuel line and I should be able too see it run next week. At this stage of the assembly I can pull the cord with a few drops of oil in the cylinder and it definitely has a good sound to it with no scratching or scraping, and makes a nice duh dunk noise .

Back