Project "junk", a slow build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impulse line the correct length and securely on the nipple?
I’d get into that carb again—- pull the screws and soak the carb (not gaskets) in cleaner.
Your other carb will tell ya if it’s something else.
I used all OEM parts. The impulse line came from bulk, if anything it could be a hair long but not by much. There are no kinks. I agree about the carb. It's my next step. I only thought fuel line because it was such a tight fit. I'm used to feeding the curly Husqvarna lines into the tank. I had to use the ball end of an allen wrench to forcefully seat the grommet.

Seating them grommets can be a pita. Ive ruined a few 1128 lines doing it with a dull screw driver.

If you can blow through the fule line with no effort with no filter on, it's bore is patent enough.

Some carbs will do it no matter what. You may need a new one. The AM are $20 and work great. You just need to swap the metering covers.

Seating them grommets can be a pita. Ive ruined a few 1128 lines doing it with a dull screw driver.

If you can blow through the fule line with no effort with no filter on, it's bore is patent enough.

Some carbs will do it no matter what. You may need a new one. The AM are $20 and work great. You just need to swap the metering covers.
Well I got another Zama RB in the mail yesterday so the next step is to rebuild the other one I have and try that.

The second carb is not pulling fuel at all. I messed with the first one again. Now it's dumping fuel under throttle and killing it. I've never came close to having this much trouble with a carb. I think I'm ready to try a $20 cheapie. Can I buy one of the ones with the compensating snorkel and just swap pump covers?

The second carb is not pulling fuel at all. I messed with the first one again. Now it's dumping fuel under throttle and killing it. I've never came close to having this much trouble with a carb. I think I'm ready to try a $20 cheapie. Can I buy one of the ones with the compensating snorkel and just swap pump covers?
Yes.

You can also cut the horn off the comp carb, tape it off, pool some JB in it and then drill a comp hole when it hardens.

Don’t try to cut horn off and stuff a breathable substance in the hole. It will interfere with the metering diaphragm function and flood the saw out. BTDT

Yes.

You can also cut the horn off the comp carb, tape it off, pool some JB in it and then drill a comp hole when it hardens.

Don’t try to cut horn off and stuff a breathable substance in the hole. It will interfere with the metering diaphragm function and flood the saw out. BTDT
Do you have a preferred ebay vendor for the chinesium, or are they all equally crappy?

They aren’t crap. They are actually oem Zama carbs. Up until a year or two ago Zama was cast into them. C3A will still be cast into the side.

I’m told they are made on the same assembly line the oem carbs were made on.

Success! I pulled carb two apart tonight. It was pretty dry inside. I blew carb cleaner through some orifices. I *think* the main nozzle may have been plugged a little. Anyway, I put it back together and it fired up after a few pulls and tuned in just fine. It's almost ready. I need a clutch drum(all I have between the two saws is one .325 spur) and a 20" .050 bar. I want to buy a nice one so if anyone has one RSN or laminated let me know. I have things to trade and cash so hit me up! I'll provide pics once it's ready to cut.

Good stuff! It's amazing just how much trouble those little cubes of aluminum can cause.
Maybe I've just always been lucky re-building and cleaning carbs. This round definitely taught me some things. This saw runs really good so far. I'm anxious to get it fitted and see how strong it is in some wood.

Latest posts

Back