Project Stumpbroke Husky 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpys Customs

Stumpbroke
Reaction score
I've got a nice looking low hour 359 here to break. The customer wanted me to order a full wrap handle & a non cat muffler. It already has the big dawgs on it. Hopefully it'll run as good as it will look.

100_1451.jpg

Here's the stock vid.
[video=youtube_share;YEDvpYUkWYQ]http://youtu.be/YEDvpYUkWYQ[/video]

That's the same bar and chain as the CS56. If it hasn't been sharpened, then the 359 is stronger.

Stump, take some good pics of the transfer work. I have a 359 built with stuffers. I have been looking for opportunity and inspiration; this gives both!!!

That's the same bar and chain as the CS56. If it hasn't been sharpened, then the 359 is stronger.

Stump, take some good pics of the transfer work. I have a 359 built with stuffers. I have been looking for opportunity and inspiration; this gives both!!!

Yep the same B&C out o the box LGX. I could tell the difference between the two stock. I hope I can get the same gains out of this one as I did the John Deere.

I'll see what I can do on the pics.:msp_wink:

Plenty of case volume on this one too. Also plenty of room to cut the squishband & drop the cyl.
100_1465.jpg

Here's the before pics on the cyl.
100_1505.jpg

100_1506.jpg

100_1507.jpg

100_1508.jpg

100_1510.jpg

And a shot of the tranfers with the covers removed.
100_1503.jpg

I'm interested in what the transfers look like from the back side. There aren't many saws that allow you to shape them to your liking. It is usually a compromise of what you tools allow you to do.

I'm interested in what the transfers look like from the back side. There aren't many saws that allow you to shape them to your liking. It is usually a compromise of what you tools allow you to do.

The pics that are above are the only ones I got of the transfers before I got started grinding. It's nice to be able to work on them from the inside out, but getting the covers to match is kinda tricky. :bang:

Be interesting to see how this one compares to a mildly ported 357xp :msp_wink:

May have to get me a 359 also.

We'll find out next weekend:msp_thumbsup:

I think the 357 has more potential with the closed port design. If the 359 had deeper pockets in the transfer covers that would help it out.

Latest posts

Back