Propane

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just called to get my 500 gallon propane tank filled, @ .89 cents per gallon, not bad. 100" log loads are still going for $100 per cord. I will burn the furnace more again this year, as long as propane is cheaper than wood. I still burn as much free wood as I can. Anyway now is the time to get your propane filled if you are going to.

same price the propane boys sent to me....im seriously thinking,,of bringing the 1000 gal tank into town,,and switching the furnace and stove,,along with water heater,,to propane....nat gas now charges for everything except their bathroom facilites!!!!!!!!!!!!! and once tank is filled,,there are no BS charges added..........and it is farrr less than nat cost....

I should top off the 1000 gallon tank. I think I am at 60%, I burned more LP this last year than I usually do. So cheap it is easier hitting the t-stat over loading the stove somedays...

They topped my two tanks off monday at $199.9, That is still to high IMO, the .89 is about where it should be!
I was told,,by my propane supplier last year,,about three months before he passed,,that there was such a glut of propane in Canada, they couldn't build tanks fast enough to hold it all..he said,,they were about to give it away up there.........I believe this,,as farmers around here, have used near no propain for a number of years,,as the corn was drying near to 14% in the fields.................one year I drove the combine for bro,,the monitor was reading 14,, and sometimes moving up to 15.....was going thru the drier like gangbusters...not that the gas co's. of any flavor,,would lie to the American public..............................................................................

I will keep the wood stove burning 24/7 in winter but with these prices I don't mind the furnace kicking in once in a while and not have the stove burning full bore when it is really cold.

I was told,,by my propane supplier last year,,about three months before he passed,,that there was such a glut of propane in Canada, they couldn't build tanks fast enough to hold it all..he said,,they were about to give it away up there.........I believe this,,as farmers around here, have used near no propain for a number of years,,as the corn was drying near to 14% in the fields.................one year I drove the combine for bro,,the monitor was reading 14,, and sometimes moving up to 15.....was going thru the drier like gangbusters...not that the gas co's. of any flavor,,would lie to the American public..............................................................................

My supplier says that they have 5 price plans, with 1 being the highest and 5 being the lowest, I am on plan 4, the no. 5 plan goes to the turkey and chicken houses and the farmers with driers, I can't even imagine what the plan 1 folks have to pay. The last two winters I have been running 2 pellet stoves and only turn the propane on when the temp. gets below about 20 or 25 degrees, so they say that I don't use enough propane and tried to charge a yearly tank rental. I won't go into what was said on that one they might throw me off of here! The good thing is that the heat from the pellet stoves feels much warmer and constant I think, plus much cheaper! ( Rant over )

My one top off last winter was $3.89 a gallon.

1 275 gal. tank
1 375 gal. tank = 650 gallons. X 4 = way to much $$$$$$ for me.

7 tons pellets = apx. $1200 to $1400 a year depending on the temp.

My supplier says that they have 5 price plans, with 1 being the highest and 5 being the lowest, I am on plan 4, the no. 5 plan goes to the turkey and chicken houses and the farmers with driers, I can't even imagine what the plan 1 folks have to pay. The last two winters I have been running 2 pellet stoves and only turn the propane on when the temp. gets below about 20 or 25 degrees, so they say that I don't use enough propane and tried to charge a yearly tank rental. I won't go into what was said on that one they might throw me off of here! The good thing is that the heat from the pellet stoves feels much warmer and constant I think, plus much cheaper! ( Rant over )

My one top off last winter was $3.89 a gallon.

1 275 gal. tank
1 375 gal. tank = 650 gallons. X 4 = way to much $$$$$$ for me.

7 tons pellets = apx. $1200 to $1400 a year depending on the temp.
need to try and find your own tank..they can then suck mud.........

I just called to get my 500 gallon propane tank filled, @ .89 cents per gallon, not bad. 100" log loads are still going for $100 per cord. I will burn the furnace more again this year, as long as propane is cheaper than wood. I still burn as much free wood as I can. Anyway now is the time to get your propane filled if you are going to.

I thought you were going to say this:
(To the tune of Eric Clapton's Cocaine)

If you wanna get warm
When you're down on the farm
Propane
If you live in the sticks
And your income is fixed
Propane

Its so high, its so high, its so high
Propane

When your grandma gets old
You can't let her get cold
Propane
When your cousin, she's hot
But your fingers are not
Propane

When your tank's out of gas
And you're freezing your ass
Propane
When you think that you're stuck
Here comes that ol' big truck
Propane

That's a big tank. I worked for a guy that owned two 300gal ones.
Just a question, what's a 100 inch log load? Never heard of it put like that before.
We have single and tandem log truck loads here. Tandem load is about 7-8 cords for around $1100 CAD.
I'm not sure what our propane goes for here except the 20lb BBQ tanks goes for around $20 CAD.

The log trucks here stack 8 footers sideways usually a 10 or 12 cord load. It is really supposed to be 96" they just call it 100 " I guess if a guy wants to cut it up into 8 ft boards it is nice to have a couple inches on each side to spare thus 100"

need to try and find your own tank..they can then suck mud.........

Not sure what those size tanks cost but I would think they would be pretty expensive. Any ideas of the cost of a 375 gal. horizontal tank?

Not sure what those size tanks cost but I would think they would be pretty expensive. Any ideas of the cost of a 375 gal. horizontal tank?
I was reading a little on this earlier today...seems used propane tanks sell for anywhere from .80 cent - $1.50 per gallon capacity, based on condition. I can only imagine how much a new tank would cost...cha-ching cha-ching, I would think!!

We were paying a slightly lower rate. Then we bought an on demand propane water heater to replace our old tank style. We dropped our consumption 40% so they charge us more per gallon for being more efficient. I wish they'd have told us that before we bought the on demand water heater from THEM !

We were paying a slightly lower rate. Then we bought an on demand propane water heater to replace our old tank style. We dropped our consumption 40% so they charge us more per gallon for being more efficient. I wish they'd have told us that before we bought the on demand water heater from THEM !
Unreal...**** ya any way they can...and get away with it!!

I was reading a little on this earlier today...seems used propane tanks sell for anywhere from .80 cent - $1.50 per gallon capacity, based on condition. I can only imagine how much a new tank would cost...cha-ching cha-ching, I would think!!
I checked the other day. for grins and giggles....3.10 a gallon cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! used is about what you said..........

Back