proper pruning 75' tulip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy4trees

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
tulip tip prune .mov - YouTube

Here's the latest effort at promoting proper pruning technique... It was originally intended to inform homeowners about good pruning and the harm that improper pruning can do.. A bit repetitive but overall a good low budget effort.

I have another one coming, which was shot right after an early snow storm did a lot of damage, as many trees were still in full leaf..

yep, it's not easy to get out on those ends.
Good vid and good example of proper crown reduction

So what did you do before you got that 75' bucket? Your right you must have a pretty talented climber to get out on all those branch tips. Talk about a time consuming job.

which points to the tendency for tree services to prune trees to the limit of their level of skill.. if they don't have the skill and/or equipment to get to the branch tips they just cut it where they can reach.. Leads to a lot of inferior pruning technique..

A lot of "lip service" about proper pruning, honestly the original state of the tree did not look that bad....would have been better to see how the end result was achieved!

I know alot of guys in my area that do improper work, always good to see someone promoting the good side! Nice small tulip & a good vid for the novice!

LXT................

The only issue is how you condemn other tree services , alot of work done on trees are for a purpose whether it makes sense or you agree .... Maybe from now on you can just talk about your expertise and maybe not bad mouth the other guy , just saying Good Video though very inciteful

The only issue is how you condemn other tree services , alot of work done on trees are for a purpose whether it makes sense or you agree .... Maybe from now on you can just talk about your expertise and maybe not bad mouth the other guy , just saying Good Video though very inciteful

Not badmouth the other guy? What, are you stoopit? That's the whole ####ing point of it all. Jeez, where you get yer arbor license anyway? Ya got to get up on them tips or it no good.

yeah, its says " prune large poplar" on the work order. What does it mean, what does it mean? I think it means a lot of pain and suffering for all involved. That includes the tree. And I hate working on trunk scalped trees.
I find it easier to climb through the tips than to stand on the trunk and huck off big limbs, strange I know.

Nice tree there Dan.

which points to the tendency for tree services to prune trees to the limit of their level of skill.. if they don't have the skill and/or equipment to get to the branch tips they just cut it where they can reach.. Leads to a lot of inferior pruning technique..

that is a very annoying and maddening tendency however I have a tendency to prune trees to the limit of the client's budget... which has a tendecy to go a little further if you are not up to yer neck loading wood from a prune job.

Not badmouth the other guy? What, are you stoopit? That's the whole ####ing point of it all. Jeez, where you get yer arbor license anyway? Ya got to get up on them tips or it no good.

Dan take your meds , and your lucky I understand Ebonics because otherwise you would have stumped " me ..... Get it" stumped" me , just seems that a video tutorial video can be made without bad muffing the "uther Guy" I am surry tat dun't mack any cense to ya .... :dizzy:

Any way I huge tulip just begs to meet the chipper anyway , damn lighting rods they are and if tat wittle bit uf pruning heelps with a twister I wuld be mitty suprized

So what did you do before you got that 75' bucket? Your right you must have a pretty talented climber to get out on all those branch tips. Talk about a time consuming job.

Oh stop. One day you will actually be just as fat as Murph. And it will be good. I know, its hard to believe but its comin. Me? I am not some much concerned about my waistline when I reach that age but I am gonna have to dye my hair. Dam! Murph, you have to wash that #### out or sumpthing.

Its true, while the rest of us are bustin ass, Murphy is eating lunch. You know he stops for a plate of mousaka ev'ry day. probably has a salad too.

Oh stop. One day you will actually be just as fat as Murph. And it will be good. I know, its hard to believe but its comin. Me? I am not some much concerned about my waistline when I reach that age but I am gonna have to dye my hair. Dam! Murph, you have to wash that #### out or sumpthing.

Its true, while the rest of us are bustin ass, Murphy is eating lunch. You know he stops for a plate of mousaka ev'ry day. probably has a salad too.

Hopefully Murph don't stop too short your head will go right up his ass , and the only thing that will save ya is if someone pulls ya out by your mullet ........ Oh I am sorry your not the one with the mullet ....

Dan take your meds , and your lucky I understand Ebonics because otherwise you would have stumped " me ..... Get it" stumped" me , just seems that a video tutorial video can be made without bad muffing the "uther Guy" I am surry tat dun't mack any cense to ya .... :dizzy:

there comes a point where it just cannot be helped and you end up "badmouthing the other guy". It just comes out as truth. You don't mean to start a conversation along those lines, sometimes you are sorry you brought it up... like when you look at a client's tree and automatically say" Whoever did that kinda really ####ed it up, now I gotta think extra hard about what to do."

I was just looking at a job where the big pops had been trunk topped 20 years ago. The guy wanted me to just get a few low limbs off every tree. My best course of action was to get out. Good job for rick's. ricks' wrecks tree service. Ha ha. And rick did it too. And I am glad. relieved.

Hopefully Murph don't stop too short your head will go right up his ass , and the only thing that will save ya is if someone pulls ya out by your mullet ........ Oh I am sorry your not the one with the mullet ....

I was jess poking at him, most likely it pissed him off, NC too! :msp_tongue: and i know you eat that mousaka too.:smile2:

I wonder if Slayer is still down here?

there comes a point where it just cannot be helped and you end up "badmouthing the other guy". It just comes out as truth. You don't mean to start a conversation along those lines, sometimes you are sorry you brought it up... like when you look at a client's tree and automatically say" Whoever did that kinda really ####ed it up, now I gotta think extra hard about what to do."

I was just looking at a job where the big pops had been trunk topped 20 years ago. The guy wanted me to just get a few low limbs off every tree. My best course of action was to get out. Good job for rick's. ricks' wrecks tree service. Ha ha. And rick did it too. And I am glad. relieved.

Ohhhh boy now your bad muffing "KID" rick .....

As I see it most customers aren't gonna spend sixteen to two grand on a prune job for one tree. That prune job would have taken a day to do it right if you wre climbing. If I told the custy how much he probably would have either laughed or told me to just cut the ####ing thing down. Hell! I have problems getting 600 bucks for a nice reduction prune on a large bradford let alone an 80' poplar.

Not like im interested in knowing what you charge murph but what ja get for a prune job like that?

Latest posts

Back