Pump Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pump is suppose to be a little lower than the pump. Reason being that it pumps but is also gravity fed. You don't want to starve the pump of fluid.

If i have a 25 gallon tank i should be able to mount the pump about center height of the tank wih no problems?

DDM said:
If i have a 25 gallon tank i should be able to mount the pump about center height of the tank wih no problems?

Yes, that should be ok, (ok as not ideal) one of the key ideas to having it lower is it also stays primed.

Not always true, but problims with systems, if they lose pressure hot, it's the pump, if they have less pressure cold, it's the feed.

Kevin

I figure if i have 10 gallons up the pump and 10 below it should stay primed.

ray benson said:
My 2 stage pump is about 4" above the oil tank level. No trouble since about 1990 - but do I have to change the tank / height relationship?

LOL Yeah better go ahead and move it!

All pumps have a little chatter, but for check feed problems, or to make sure it's set up right.

While it's running, rig up a means to chuck some head pressure to the tank, just a few psi is plenty. Check while still cool

If the pump chatter is a lot different, there is a feed problem, some early pump failures can be remedied just by bigger feed lines.

(a rag and an air chuck can give you an idea)

Kevin

Back