Purchasing a woodlot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I’m in the process of purchasing a 40 acre woodlot that was recently harvested. It contained mostly Alder. I won’t see another harvest in my lifetime but I have seen two since 1964.
Will give me a place to spend some time now that I am retired.
The previous owner left several stacks of logs that were to be chipped. They have degraded some but I think they will be good for firewood for a couple more years.
Abuts state and private timber land.
Lots of elk and deer in the vicinity.
6c322a279682a532e4e57a1fc7b30480.jpg
e5e5bcfbc7ecbdc8727c6433692de194.jpg
8ea76f380a32a781b9c867ee1ac9884b.jpg
36e0f1de99ca3c66291b848dca892ba7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always nice to have a back 40. Looks kind of hilly. If you have a water source, you could fence some of it and raise sheep or goats. They would keep it mowed down and you could turn a profit off of goat or lamb. Another option would be Christmas trees. Easy and quick to grow and done right, require very little maintenance.

40 acres is more than enough for hunting which would be my primary interest.

Maybe a food plot and nice tripod stand.

40 acres of timbered off wood lot, How sweet it is for hunting small game and big game aslo just as it is. It will grow uo thich provideing food and cover for the wild critters and as it ages naturaly thin out. Forty acreas is more than enough for a friend or two since you abutt public land.
No need for a tripod either it is your property build some nice out of the wind blinds either raised if legal there or ground blinds.

My pop had a ground blind a real nice one with a recliner so when he wanted to take a nap.Deer hunted till he was 83 years old.

:D Al

Latest posts

Back