Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 156441

I heard from an arborist buddy of mine that bishop supply company is selling a wooden push paddle. Supposedly this thing pushes large piles of brush on the ground and into the chipper really well. He told me it’s super strong works better than rakes ,poly scoops, push brooms and it’s safe to go through chippers. He works for a big company and thinks this is the best safety tool out there to push brush into the chipper. I could use like 12 of them if there this amazing! Anyways be safe out there fellow arborists.

All you've got to do is make a pusher on the job by cutting a small branch at a Y and leave each end of the Y about six inches long and the single part of the Y about 4 feet long. Chip the pusher when don't with the job.

Nothing needs to be bought. Been doing it for 40 years.

Plastic scoop shovels are even better, at least on a disk chipper with horizontal feet wheels. Not so good at all with vertical feed wheels.

Turn it upside down to push all the debris into the chipper. The tip of the shovel facing down doesn't get grabbed by the feed wheel. Then you can go back to scooping up other debris around the chipper.

Note: street sweepings often have gravel. Best to toss those in the truck without using the chipper.

Back