Quality of Hoffman 292 calk vs Wesco timber?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the "Leather" corks from Hoffman last spring and they wore really well I was happy with them. The number was 292c. They were 300 and some change. Some of the cheaper ones do not look as serious but I've never seen them so. I just assume I will wreck anything I use so go heavy duty.

Did you order them online, or get them at a store?
Basically were you able to try them on?
what I'm trying to figure out is if the sizes run true cuz unless I want to drive to Kellog ID I have to get them online.

I know I ordered my pacs true to size and they should have been a size bigger for me.
Why just the left?

I feel like my leather hoffmans are a wee big. but can't decide if they run big enough togo a 1/2 size down. Great boots, got a good season out of em, gonna get them resoled and hopefully get a couple more years of service! I'm getting a pair of pacs for myself for xmas

You can say that I guess. i wish could have gotten whites again...but the hoffman closeout section is pretty nice

I know I ordered my pacs true to size and they should have been a size bigger for me.
Why just the left?

right is an 11d, left is a 12.5ee the left got smooshed a few years ago... don't break bones, especially leg bones.

Think I ****ed up and ordered 11.5's should have gone with 12's

The right fits pretty good though.

I wear the Hoffman's probably more then I wear then Nick's cause the Nicks are calks, and therefore not really an all terrain boot, granted I've been wearing them more and more into hardware stores, gas stations, cafe's, fast food joints, parts stores... nearly everywhere but in the house :) if I where single, honestly I'd wear em in the house too...

Did you order them online, or get them at a store?
Basically were you able to try them on?
what I'm trying to figure out is if the sizes run true cuz unless I want to drive to Kellog ID I have to get them online.
No stores here. I called them. Had them rush the order for an extra 25 bucks and they were made up that morning and shipped that afternoon. The leather are true to size. Some of the pacs run small and they usually specify. I'd call em.

right is an 11d, left is a 12.5ee the left got smooshed a few years ago... don't break bones, especially leg bones.

Think I ****ed up and ordered 11.5's should have gone with 12's

The right fits pretty good though.

I wear the Hoffman's probably more then I wear then Nick's cause the Nicks are calks, and therefore not really an all terrain boot, granted I've been wearing them more and more into hardware stores, gas stations, cafe's, fast food joints, parts stores... nearly everywhere but in the house :) if I where single, honestly I'd wear em in the house too...
Yep me too. The only problem is you are swapping spikes every couple of months or so. And watch tile floors like in gas stations or really smooth concrete like grocery stores! You will land on you ass if you take big steps and everyone will think you're drunk or something!

I use those cer mec caulks in my Hoffmans. They have a little tungsten ball in the ends. They last a hell of a lot longer than regular caulks. Double the price of regular caulks though..

Thinsulate Timber 2, Thinsulate pro series, or felt pack Caulk "half 'n' half's. Old timers here run them year round with the thinsulate liner in.

link above^^^^ you can't beat $200. I have been meaning to grab a pair or two

Thinsulate Timber 2, Thinsulate pro series, or felt pack Caulk "half 'n' half's. Old timers here run them year round with the thinsulate liner in.

link above^^^^ you can't beat $200. I have been meaning to grab a pair or two

Ya know if you bc guys would actually do some work instead of gnawing on one "giant" tree all day, ya might actually stay warm and not need all this thinsulate, and wool feeler lined stuff...

Just sayin...

I just order the steel toe with 400g thinsulate in 14" and an extra set of liners. Should be shipping out any day now!!!

Probably should have gotten a set of the 200g liners too for the warmer days, and to wear on those sloppy mud season days.

I'm currently running the pro series. I ran the timber 2s for five winters. Good boots.

Sounds like some sweaty stinky feet for at least half the year.
Sounds like great boots. Thnx. Looking forward to a pair.

Sweaty stinky
COMFORTABLE feet. If its good enough for guys that have cut west coast for 40 yrs then I tend to want to do more of what I see. I used the neoprene liner in my Vibram half'n' half's with thick socks. If it doesn't hurt when you walk then the rest I don't think about. It's an uncomfortable job. The natural mitigater been devotion of task of course.

I don't know if this is normal but the regular calks lasted me about 5 weeks. The Cermec calks are still good. I got the 12" 292C. they're a bit heavy & took 2 days to break in but they're good boots.

A friend gave me a pair of Wesco's (Jobmaster) since his girl lost her toes in A-stan and we had the same size foot. They are probably going to last me 100 years they are that overbuilt.

Latest posts

Back