Question About 009

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckshot

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a question for you fellas regarding my 009. When I open the throttle It kind of hesitates like it is not getting enough fuel also after it warms up it dies. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the spark plug and the fuel filter and I pulled the carb and cleaned the filter inside and its still cuting out. Am I missing something here? What else should I check?
Thanks
Mark

Try rebuilding the carb, it can really make a big difference. If thats not it you have an air leak somewhere. Might need new gaskets and seals which is not too big of job to fix.

So where on the saw would I test it for air leaks? What gaskets would I go about replacing? I do not want to take the saw to the stihl dealer last time I did it was eighty five bucks and It still cuts out.
Thanks
Mark

Since you paid good money for your dealer to fix it the first time, I would take it back to him before doing anything to it yourself.
Chances are he will stand by his work and have another look for you.

Howdy,

The symtom you describe is an air leak openning up when warm. (This often indicates a case or insulator block leak). I have heard that this model is a bugger for this and very difficult to fix. I agree that you should consult with your dealer. It's not his fault that he is not doing so great at getting to this one. He will probably have to get some help on it in fact.

If you are really at a loss, I know a very good Stihl mechanic, and I'll call him for advice. He is not one of those who believes Stihl can do no wrong and has over 20 years experience with Stihl. Perhaps we can get some level advice on a difficult case. (no pun intended, but accepted!).

Regards,
Walt Galer

Latest posts

Back