Question for the older gentlemen here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.....a "chilly Milly".....
Funny story, when he turned 60, 6 years ago I emailed Miller. Told them he’d been a loyal customer since the 70s when Lite came out and could they send him something for his loyalty. A couple weeks later I received a small package in the mail. 2 pens and a couple keychains! I didn’t even bother giving them to him.

Funny story, when he turned 60, 6 years ago I emailed Miller. Told them he’d been a loyal customer since the 70s when Lite came out and could they send him something for his loyalty. A couple weeks later I received a small package in the mail. 2 pens and a couple keychains! I didn’t even bother giving them to him.
LOl....generous weren't they??.....shoulda just sent him a free case of milly's....no respect......

Getting back to the original question about gas being better earlier with lead etc. Well...ya know we used change spark plugs once or twice a year......points, condenser, rotor and cap and generally plug wires once a year back then. The old engines don't like the new gas that much but the new engines make way more power with vastly less displacement on the new crappier fuel. I think it's more that the precision of the engine builds, fuel injection, computer driven ign etc. that makes this so. We all love the old rumbling V-8 daze.....but damn it all.... the plain fact is that a lot of the current 4 door family sedans with 140-150 cubic in 4 cyls will blow he doors right off your 350 Camero, 400 GTO, 442 etc both on acceleration and top end......and on gas that we think sucks........when was the last time your car fouled a plug and started skipping??......that is because of the fuel and the fuel delivery systems these days.....

Hot spark also! High rpms, single coil V8's left alot to be desired compared to current ignition systems with individual coils.
Hey, even outboards had a coil per cylinder 50 years ago.

Latest posts

Back