Question for the older gentlemen here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No cats, but A.I.R. system and EGR.
One of my trucks is the "camper special" and is still 10k. Rear pack is something like 15 springs.
The other truck, not sure, no door tag, but i added a few leaves to the overload.

10k is really low rated, that's only ~3000lbs load, not even a cord of wood!
Yeah it sure is. I put a new set of springs on mine, what the spring place called the “hd” set matching what the truck came with. I don’t see them move until there’s 3000lbs. Heaviest load we had was a 6200lb cat out of an old cable shovel. That was the first time I saw it touch the helpers. Still had plenty of arch left86485181-4DED-4924-B846-EAFF21C51862.jpeg13EE3C1D-3416-47F1-85AF-D81810FA92A9.jpeg85377C43-BCCC-4B88-AD83-C50B7A364584.jpeg

Pump EPA fuel is rubbish now day's. They don't even make pump fuel for low fuel pressure carburettor engine's anymore.
I don't get the whole pump fuel is awesome argument it's not even formulated to be run in a 2T chainsaw.

Farmers and corn, corn farmers and ethanol kinda go hand in hand. Its the reason it exists.
I have always wondered what the rest of the world thinks about the US burning food for fuel instead of using the natural gas we have for fuel? Not trying to start anything, it’s just always crossed my mind when I fill up the company truck with E-85.

Yeah it sure is. I put a new set of springs on mine, what the spring place called the “hd” set matching what the truck came with. I don’t see them move until there’s 3000lbs. Heaviest load we had was a 6200lb cat out of an old cable shovel. That was the first time I saw it touch the helpers. Still had plenty of arch leftView attachment 883138View attachment 883139View attachment 883140
I have two F250 which have come in quite handy. My 84 is a heavy duty rated at 9,200 lbs so I routinely put 6,000 in the bed and maybe pull a small 2,000 lb trailer. Both have more than 300 HP which is necessary to pull our hill more than 25 MPH. We have to go from 1900 to 6,000 feet in twelve miles. Recently I rearced the springs with my splitter which bought them exactly up to original. The 84 never had any cats so feel much more confident when we have red flag warnings. When temperatures go more than 70 F have considered putting on coolers for the rear diff and trans. My smaller Ranger gets over time when the F250's have problems. Thanks

When I was a kid, I pumped gas at the local Sohio station. That Boron smelled awesome! I think it was only about 35.9 at the time.

Most of my life everyone I knew used gas to wash their hands. Not so much anymore. Is it proven its bad for you? What does it cause, neurological problems?
Recently I needed a hand cleaner after working on greasy stuff. Just to see what happens I grabbed a spray can of Oilve Oil. The non stick cooking pan spray stuff. Seemed to work well. Spray and wipe. I also sprayed it on a Rusty bolt. I've sprayed it on a bicycle chain and it's sticking on. I may test it on a chainsaw chain.

Another kid story. My Dad always cleaned parts in gasoline...with a cigarette in his mouth. When he had it all toked out, he'd flick it into the pan of gas.

I meant a guy who owned a Texaco distribution facility and he sent me to some stations to pump regular at 24.9. I nearly cried when gas hit 40 cents a gallon because every thing I had was a hog. Thanks
Lol....a friend of mine were discussing gas and prices etc a while back. WE laffed and remembered when we first started riding scooters you never used folding money for gas.....just pocket change.....could fill a set of 5 gal fatbobs for under $2.00 and ride most all day...

Latest posts

Back