Question regarding a chainsaw battery operated 18v

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borderman239

Reaction score
I just bought a matka 18v chainsaw to use for just cutting small branches up for mulching ,when doing gardening I phoned around and there seams to be nothing to say I can't use it for business purposes,
I phoned our collage to ask and they said they only deal with petrol and could not advise.my sole purpose was not to use it for cutting large trees down may be I could I use it on Conifers but only to use to cut up branches or pruning to use through my garden Shredder ,I know these can still be dangerous if you don't respect them ,the saw as a instant stop brake. To reduse kick backs what's your views on my question can I still use it for business .
I have no licence or have not done the course but is able to use it safely with the proper gear on.even thou is 18v it's not as powerful as petrol version but I very much doubt it can still cause serious injury if not used with respect.

Try using a ? at the end of whichever part you want to be the question. You also may have more luck in the Arborist 101 or Homeowner Helper sections of the forum.

Sounds like wherever you live has rules on equipment usage?

Around here a business costs nothing more than a license (~$100).

Why would it not be allowed to be used for business? (I know...not all laws make sense) Just curious if there was something that lead you to think that it was not acceptable.

Back