ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Question

Oldsawnut

Oldsawnut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Kinda like asking who made the John Deere saws Efco or Echo.... Both Although in this case I think its Partner and Dolmar…. Although there might be more those are just the ones I think I've seen myself. I know Homelite made one that was off brand to just can't remember which.

tomdcoker

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
It seems to me the Whacker I worked on was based on a Dolmar.

View attachment 800095

Mark
Looking at the picture, I would agree that this one was probably made by Dolmar, but the one that I saw has a different configuration. The air filter for one thing. It is flat and the rewind is different. I still think McCullough made some of them, but I could be wrong. I just remembered I have two friends who will know if McCullough made them. It may take a couple days to get in touch with them. If I find out I will post on here. One of them used to be a McCullough dealer in the 60s. Tom

tomdcoker

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
I checked with my 2-cycle go-to man and he said Pioneer/Partner, Dolmar and possibly McCullough, not sure. I believe that if McCullough made one he would remember it. So I stand corrected, not the first time. Tom

Conquistador3

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Wacker (now Wacker Neuson) had the European market cutoff saws chiefly made by Dolmar.
US market saws were a mixed bag: they were chiefly Partner, but some Euro-model Dolmar's hit your shores as well. Never seen a Mac-based one but just because I have never seen a giraffe it means they don't exist. ;)
These days all Wacker Neuson are rebranded Makita.

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
From what I have seen...

Wacker=Partner and Dolmar

Target=Mcculloch, Pioneer and Oleo-Mac

Everyone of the Wacker/Dolmar saws I see has a good looking piston on the exhaust side and a dusted beyond serviceable intake side, both piston and cylinder. Really wish there was a AM piston cylinder set for the old 309 series Dolmars.

tomdcoker

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
From what I have seen...

Wacker=Partner and Dolmar

Target=Mcculloch, Pioneer and Oleo-Mac

Everyone of the Wacker/Dolmar saws I see has a good looking piston on the exhaust side and a dusted beyond serviceable intake side, both piston and cylinder. Really wish there was a AM piston cylinder set for the old 309 series Dolmars.

Thanks for all the replies. Good information. On the 309 Dolmars, if I remember right the ignition is one to keep if you have to scrap out the saw. I think it will work on other saws, but just my thoughts, remember the McCullough/wacker. Tom