questions about you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i think we can get to know each other better, I forget not everyone is a logger, a firewood cutter or heats his house with wood were all different.

1. Are you a logger, firewood business or cut firewood for home, other?

2. What’s your biggest cc saw?

3. What’s the longest bar you use?

i think we can get to know each other better, I forget not everyone is a logger, a firewood cutter or heats his house with wood were all different.

Cut wood to heat shop and mostly to help some older people in the community

372xp 72cc

Longest bar is a 24" Had a 28 but traded it off.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Firewood business ,stihl 066, 36 inch bar
d27f0805de5eebf290e5b87aacbbb180.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Burn 15-20 cords heating my place, my dad's, and making maple syrup. Try to sell a few cords too. Do some tree service work on the side for a friend's business and a little on my own.

395xp

36" bar.

I only use the big saws if necessary. Ported 50 and 60cc saws get most of the use around my place.

You did not answer your own guestion.;) Cut wood to heat our home, enjoy bringing saws back to life. Ported 390. Mostly run 20-24 inch blades.:D

You did not answer your own guestion.;) Cut wood to heat our home, enjoy bringing saws back to life. Ported 390. Mostly run 20-24 inch blades.:D

also just cut wood to heat our home and enjoy making saws run again.
Mostly run a Husky 350, but I use an Echo CS590 if I need something bigger.

1. I primarily cut firewood but have also run saws on wild fires and on structural fires. We used to cut holes in roofs but we haven’t done that in a few years. I’ve turned windows into doors, made triangle cuts in the gable to get water into attic spaces, and once cut the bottom out of a grain silo so we could flush burning grain out the bottom with a fire hose from the top.

2. My biggest saw is an 038Mag with a 28” bar. I’ve never used it though. Bought it from my father in laws estate because I didn’t want it to leave the family. Especially at the price they put in it. It’s also never run in the time I’ve had it. Needs a serious cleaning (he used it on a roofing job and it’s covered in tar) it sits on the lower shelf of my workbench waiting for some attention.

The saw I use most is my 361.

3. Longest bar is the 28” on the 038Mag that I don’t use. (Does that even count?) The bar on the 361 is a 24”.

Back