questions about you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work at Mcdonalds and I hope to save up for a saw one day.
Hey do you get an employee discount? Me and the kids love McDonalds! If you can get some coupons, I've got an extra Stihl MS230 here - maybe we could work a deal! It would be a good first saw for someone just starting out :drinkingcoffee:

That`s true and he`s a good egg. Tom liked his moonshine.
What`s Shane up to, don`t hear from him no more?
Haha...dam! He liked his moonshine eh? Stomping Tom is a Canadian folk Ledgend. Perhaps the proudest Canadian that's ever lived.

Yukon John is a living Ledgend.

That's one funny story.

Not to sure about Shane these days?
Haven't realty talked to him since we worked together thus when he was breaking in heli falling centeral coast in early fall of 2016. Talked a few times in PM but over a year ago. I spent a couple of 4month spels off of here last year. I did have a messages from him last time and returned it months later and
I GUESS MY INTERNET TIME HAD RUN OUT. J/k. Actually It happened two diff times from two diff people. I Pm back months later and haven't heard back from either?
When he does come on the thread he is quiet.

He is a smiley guy in person though and he helps people out.

Heat our Home almost Exclusively with wood

I have saws from a 38cc (Husky 23 Compact) to 118.7cc (Husky 3120XP) and in between

I have bars from 13" for the 445 and 353 up to 60" for the 3120.

my 266XP (Old Reliable) and my 353 get the most use for firewood cutting, but the 3120 sees some firewood duty, and is used for CSM

I have 36", 44" and 60" bars for the 3120, but so far I haven't needed the 60" for milling yet

I am a Truck Driver professionally

I am suffering from an incurable case of CAD

Hi My name is Doug, and I have a Problem;)

Doug :cheers:

That 60” bar is an awesome front door opener? Imagine someone sitting on there couch and that 60” bar comes through it?

Hey do you get an employee discount? Me and the kids love McDonalds! If you can get some coupons, I've got an extra Stihl MS230 here - maybe we could work a deal! It would be a good first saw for someone just starting out :drinkingcoffee:
Yes Yes...I was going to say...I can get it's weight worth in coupons.

These days, I mainly cut, prune, and shape a lot of oversized yard trees. A good deal of 20% reductions on bigger trees.
And a few eliminations of smaller ones, and the occasional bigger one.

Firewood for the pits are a byproduct. And I'm hoping to get the ambition to do some carvings, turnings, and benchmaking done as the weather gets warmer.
Maybe a small pole barn.

Made a few stepping stones out of some cedar cookies with a hole in the middle for the trail to the shop.

A 72cc Husky is my biggest saw and has a 24" hardnose bar. My most expensive saw is 25cc's.

Sometimes I carry a rifle and a buck knife around in the woods and scare things.

Old trufuel cans make a decent longrange pellet gun target.
A Nitropiston 22 will punch a pretty good hole through both sides, way way out there.

I was thinking about a few cans of oil, that's a big discount with a saw.

Steve

That 60” bar is an awesome front door opener? Imagine someone sitting on there couch and that 60” bar comes through it?

Oh I don't doubt that it would get someone's Attention, opening their door with a 60" bar on a 3120XP, but then I suspect that even the 23 Compact Top Handle, or 353 would do a Fair job of grabbing someone's attention, if you run the bar through their door, instead of knocking:surprised3:, It would get MY attention any way, and very possibly get someone SHOT;)

Doug :cheers:

Haha...dam! He liked his moonshine eh? Stomping Tom is a Canadian folk Ledgend. Perhaps the proudest Canadian that's ever lived.

Yukon John is a living Ledgend.

That's one funny story.

Not to sure about Shane these days?
Haven't realty talked to him since he was breaking in heli falling centeral coast in early fall of 2016. Talked a few times in PM but over a year ago. I spent a couple of 4month spels off of here last year. I did have a messages from him last time and returned it months later and
I GUESS MY INTERNET TIME HAD RUN OUT. J/k. Actually It happened two diff times from two diff people. I Pm back months later and haven't heard back from either?
When he does come on the thread he is quiet.

He is a smiley guy in person though and he helps people out.

Ya Tom could put away his drink, he was a local guy growing up. John still puts down a dram or two. Both of them would have a lifetime of funny stories. Working off grid has its problems with getting on the net, members come and go due to life requirements, life gets in the way. Had a good time corresponding with Shane a time or two, good. Someday when I grow up I dream of owning a nice shiny new saw with a 60" bar.

Ya Tom could put away his drink, he was a local guy growing up. John still puts down a dram or two. Both of them would have a lifetime of funny stories. Working off grid has its problems with getting on the net, members come and go due to life requirements, life gets in the way. Had a good time corresponding with Shane a time or two, good. Someday when I grow up I dream of owning a nice shiny new saw with a 60" bar.
if you watch YouTube, His version of Hank Snow's song.
"I've been everywhere man" He says he went to Skinners Pond School, Prince Edward Island (PEI)

One of his best lines is:

"They say big Joe drank a bucket of Gin
and he beat the livin' tar out of 29 men.
High on the ceiling of the Pembrook pub,, there was 29 boot marks...

And they were siiiigned

with Love.

That's one of the best lines I have ever heard in my life.

They say big Joe likes to cut down timber and work up a sweat...
And if you ask the old folks around Carlton place ..
They will tell you..the Mississippi drips of of big Joes's face.

Forest fire broke around ol' Iron prior ..Big Joe was 50 miles away down Smith Falls ..and he dround out the fire with 5 spitballs .

used to be a full time climber 357xp 24" for climbing
on the ground work saw is 372xpw 32" semi skip square grind
my old 046 has 36" and i hardly ever us it any more
now i just cut firewood with the neigbor mostly i will still climb for friends i have a 334t that im rebuilding and putting bigger p/c some port work and a timing advace for fun and future climbing

I mostly cut during winter months for what is supposed to be the oldest wood bank in the US. Also help friends and family as needed.

Biggest saw is the 046; longest bar I currently run is 25". But I love my 261 with the 16", .325. Except for the poor excuse of a flippy cap..... I won't get started on that today....

"I've been everywhere man" He says he went to Skinners Pond School, Prince Edward Island (PEI)

And they were siiiigned

with Love.

Forest fire broke around ol' Iron prior ..Big Joe was 50 miles away down Smith Falls ..and he dround out the fire with 5 spitballs .

Skinners Pond PEI was his foster parents home where he grew up after being taken away from his mother in Saint John NB. He had some good lines and was always on the lookout for a story that needed telling.

And they were siiiigned

with Love.

I can not see videos on here?what songs ? "When the bridge come tumbling down"? and 19 steel men drownd
so you could ride to the other side...
Of old Vancouver town.
So you could ride
to the other side
of oooooold Van couver town

Strikes right in the Heart,don`t it!
I have most of his stuff, a lot of songs done at home and some done just for us.

Check out, The Ballad of Stompin Tom. It tells a good deal about his life.

I cut wood to heat our house and for friends that are too old or dont know how.
My saws range from a 357xp to 394xp. My 261 and 394 have been worked on my Rattler. I dont run a bar any shorter that 24" cuz thats way more bending over than I care to do, I'm 6'4". My favorite is 28" but also have 32 and 36.

I'm a marine biologist for past 20 years. Started heating house last year with wood, mostly scrounge wood on Craigslist or from road side cutting.

Love anything with a motor so also enjoy, buying, selling, fixing, collecting saws old and new. Biggest current saw is my Poulan 245 at 74cc and biggest bar is 28" on my pm700.

Also have a passion for snowmobiling, been riding since I could walk. Pic is of my 2 older kids out riding in Pittsburg NH this past Saturday.20190302_142013.jpg

Back