questions about you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a marine biologist for past 20 years. Started heating house last year with wood, mostly scrounge wood on Craigslist or from road side cutting.

Love anything with a motor so also enjoy, buying, selling, fixing, collecting saws old and new. Biggest current saw is my Poulan 245 at 74cc and biggest bar is 28" on my pm700.

Also have a passion for snowmobiling, been riding since I could walk. Pic is of my 2 older kids out riding in Pittsburg NH this past Saturday.View attachment 720606
No saws strapped to those sleds. Best way to check out potential fire wood trees.

Steve

There is nothing better than taking Fresh Dungeness Crab back to the house and cooking them up an hour out of the Bay or Ocean. My Late Brother in Law, taught us to chop them in half, stihl alive, pop the shells, and clean them BEFORE cooking them, I thought Dungies were Delicious Before Woody taught us that, they are even better now. I prefer the flavor of Dungeness over Snow or King, but I have never had East Coast Blues.

Doug :cheers:

They don’t suck, I like them a tad better than dungy’s as long as they are good ones, these came from my dock.

E7C1DA1B-E0C1-4770-B6A2-7B543953403D.jpeg

i think we can get to know each other better, I forget not everyone is a logger, a firewood cutter or heats his house with wood were all different.

1. Are you a logger, firewood business or cut firewood for home, other?

2. What’s your biggest cc saw?

3. What’s the longest bar you use?
1. Other- I’m a property owner, I use a saw to clear brush and to KD limbs and crap around rental property. I only cut trees on occasion but use a saw a lot when I can keep them running.
2. 72cc 038 mag, 028 super is the go-to. The mag is just something I’m building for fun.
3. 20” I normally run a 16”.

Back