Raffle to help fellow AS member manyhobies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My backs junk, I feel your pain

I have some saws just being shelf queens. I did get a brand spanking new Mac the other day. It is a 35cc lil time big box store number. It has a broken coil screw that needs to be replaced. I wonder if the port job should go there and it will walk on these Earthquake jobbies :) Clamshell port job :msp_w00t:
I do think a woods port would be better used on another saw but, who would buy this thing at auction with all proceeds donated?
Maybe, instead build the 3,500 Timbermaster sleeper an auction that off?

I need feedback on this.
Get Well Soon MH

I have some saws just being shelf queens. I did get a brand spanking new Mac the other day. It is a 35cc lil time big box store number. It has a broken coil screw that needs to be replaced. I wonder if the port job should go there and it will walk on these Earthquake jobbies :) Clamshell port job :msp_w00t:
I do think a woods port would be better used on another saw but, who would buy this thing at auction with all proceeds donated?
Maybe, instead build the 3,500 Timbermaster sleeper an auction that off?

I need feedback on this.
Get Well Soon MH

I believe Stumpy ported some MS290s or bigger clammies!

Working on it! These guys just eased my pain a lot!

Sorry about taking so long on the 034Super info. Cameras shooting B/W. Have to get my youngest to straighten it out when she gets by here then I'll have some pictures up.

Anyhow the history on the saw is it was straight gassed. Piston, rings, crank seals, carb kit and fuel lines & filter. New Stihl 16" bar and chain. I built this one to keep but seems it'll do more good here. Plastics are a little rough but I'll see if I can dress her up a little.

Runs real strong, the only mod is I opened the muffler a little to let her breath. Ran it a couple weeks ago and put about 4 tanks through her. Great saw, light enough to work all day but will still pull a longer bar if needed. One of my all time favorite firewood saws. I think it makes a good first prize in the raffle.

Sorry about taking so long on the 034Super info. Cameras shooting B/W. Have to get my youngest to straighten it out when she gets by here then I'll have some pictures up.

Anyhow the history on the saw is it was straight gassed. Piston, rings, crank seals, carb kit and fuel lines & filter. New Stihl 16" bar and chain. I built this one to keep but seems it'll do more good here. Plastics are a little rough but I'll see if I can dress her up a little.

Runs real strong, the only mod is I opened the muffler a little to let her breath. Ran it a couple weeks ago and put about 4 tanks through her. Great saw, light enough to work all day but will still pull a longer bar if needed. One of my all time favorite firewood saws. I think it makes a good first prize in the raffle.

Thanks! That means A LOT! (Don't tell anyone this, I shed a tear or two about this post!) What a gift!

Ticket update

Ok guys here is an update on the tickets.

I bought a roll of tickets and as tickets are bought I write the AS user name on the back as we'll as write the ticket numbers next to the user name as I write them down with each ticket bought. It is maybe more than I need to do but this I feel is the best way to do it my first time. I will pm the ticket numbers out to each member this week and as I get more in I will do it as fast as I can. Sorry for the delay but this is all new to me so I'm figuring it out as I go. I am thinking of extending the raffle so I can do the drawings on a weekend so I can meet up with some members to assist me and record the drawing. Any questions or suggestions please feel free to post them or pm me. Thanks and remember to get your tickets. Also could use a few more prizes.

Ok guys here is an update on the tickets.

I bought a roll of tickets and as tickets are bought I write the AS user name on the back as we'll as write the ticket numbers next to the user name as I write them down with each ticket bought. It is maybe more than I need to do but this I feel is the best way to do it my first time. I will pm the ticket numbers out to each member this week and as I get more in I will do it as fast as I can. Sorry for the delay but this is all new to me so I'm figuring it out as I go. I am thinking of extending the raffle so I can do the drawings on a weekend so I can meet up with some members to assist me and record the drawing. Any questions or suggestions please feel free to post them or pm me. Thanks and remember to get your tickets. Also could use a few more prizes.

I would get a young'n to draw the winners. Kids love doing that stuff. :msp_thumbup:

Well, I have gotten NO feedback from anyone on what I put out there. This should help sell a few more tickets.

I'll offer up a FREE mild woods port job on any chainsaw. It will NOT include cutting the squish. My thoughts are that someone may not want to run high octane gas or have a tough to start saw that does not have a compression release on it. Besides that my lathe will not be set up in the shop until next month. It is just sitting there waiting for the shop to get other things finished first. You can send me the saw or the cylinder. I will do the muff mod if you send it along. I will install a pop up if you send it with the saw. I will not be responsible for your sore wrist :) If you would like new rings installed or any other parts just ask or send them along. Your chance to get a free build with a bump up in power and cooling.

If this is not acceptable to the OP I can send you or the winner a brand new Mac 35cc saw to auction off or give away, same thing really. Your choice pick one. I'll get the saw specs tomorrow when I fix the broken coil screw. PM me if your interested.

Here's my little donation for the raffle: a freshly rebuilt Husky 350 with a pristine 353 cylinder and a new piston and ring.

It has a bunch of new parts including the muffler, muffler brace, piston + ring, carb kit, and air dam. The main bearings/seals combo, wrist pin, clips, crank, and crank pan are all pristine OEM parts out of a low hour run-over saw. The top cover is faded but looks ok. This should be a dandy runner for someone and I'm working on a Windsor 16" bar and a new Oregon 21 chisel .325" chain for it.

Here's my little donation for the raffle: a freshly rebuilt Husky 350 with a pristine 353 cylinder and a new piston and ring.

It has a bunch of new parts including the muffler, muffler brace, piston + ring, carb kit, and air dam. The main bearings/seals combo, wrist pin, clips, crank, and crank pan are all pristine OEM parts out of a low hour run-over saw. The top cover is faded but looks ok. This should be a dandy runner for someone and I'm working on a Windsor 16" bar and a new Oregon 21 chisel .325" chain for it.

Thank you Jacob. This is another very generous donation from a AS member. Things are looking up great on the prize donations hopefully the ticket purchases pick up too. Thank you Jacob :yourock:

You guys are awesome! I know full well JJ, that you could have sold that saw for a nice profit!

Thank you Jacob. This is another very generous donation from a AS member. Things are looking up great on the prize donations hopefully the ticket purchases pick up too. Thank you Jacob :yourock:

Thanks to everyone who's helped out on this thread and at my place cutting and splitting wood!

i just checked donation page ,i would have thought this would be at 3 times the amount by now ,common guys this is a good cause ,and some nice prizes here too boot

Thought I'd give you guys faces to go with the names. I hope I don't scare anyone! :hmm3grin2orange:

This is my wife, Linda and our little girl Lilyana Grace who will be 5 May 1st. This was taken last summer at Linda's parents place.

attachment.php

i just checked donation page ,i would have thought this would be at 3 times the amount by now ,common guys this is a good cause ,and some nice prizes here too boot

I think we over raffled in the recent past. :(

That and a lot of guys just ain't got any extra in this day and time.

Latest posts

Back