Rancher 455 10 yrs old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jathens7

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought/traded a 2009 rancher 455 that has been in a storage unit for three years with the same fuel in it.
It has 70 pounds of compression & lots of carbon.
I soaked the piston for two weeks with Marvel mystery oil thinking that may be the ring is stuck with the carbon. Still no luck.
It was a home owner saw barely used, but not maintained.
What do you all think it’s worth for parts/repairable?
It’s got a 20 inch bar and a new Husqvarna chain that was given to me with it.

Just wondering what a fair price to offer it to someone would be for them to rebuild it or use this parts. Thanks

I bought/traded a 2009 rancher 455 that has been in a storage unit for three years with the same fuel in it.
It has 70 pounds of compression & lots of carbon.
I soaked the piston for two weeks with Marvel mystery oil thinking that may be the ring is stuck with the carbon. Still no luck.
It was a home owner saw barely used, but not maintained.
What do you all think it’s worth for parts/repairable?
It’s got a 20 inch bar and a new Husqvarna chain that was given to me with it.

Just wondering what a fair price to offer it to someone would be for them to rebuild it or use this parts. Thanks

I've got a friend in Massachusetts looking for parts for his 455. He's way west in Berkshire county.

If you want to sell let me know.

You may find a $100 buyer of the exterior components of the saw are in good working order , since it was a $450 saw in 09 and as a doaner parts saw the bar & chain are a consumable product as has been previously mentioned !

Latest posts

Back