[Rant] Chinese animosity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't all that long ago, when the Army decided to go to a black beret for the day to day head wear.

It was sourced in China, and wasn't a problem until the public found out. Someone should have lost a rank or two, if not their job, for that bozo mistake.

Material for the military uniforms are still made overseas for the very same reasons that manufacturing in this country is dying. EPA won't allow the production of the material they specify. To much pollution to manufacturer it here but apparently China has figured out how to make it without the pollution.

Howdy:

I was having my free continental breakfast at a LaQuita in South Carolina a few years ago, the table next to me was an American and 5 chinese fellows.
The American was a BMW official of some type, discussing the sourcing of parts for BMW's to come from China. I laughed a little to myself, so much for your german car.

I am no economist, but I think that sometimes with a predatory country like China (to the whole world really) (all of europe has lost there factories to China also), and a military ENEMY, the USA (citizens)must:

a.rid itself of tax rules that encourage offshoring, and actually punish offshoring. Also, specific heavy tarriffs against this predator nation's imports.
b. rid itself of political influence from globalist corporations (and CEO's) that have no loyalty to the american values or workers.
c. rid itself of self destructive environmental and labor laws.
d. correct the education and cultural systems that do not value a production economy, and stop promoting a consumption economy.

Firstly BMW has not been a true German vehicle (just like every other vehicle manufacturer) for a very long time, most likely since before you were born. BMW has global subsidiaries, and guess what one is in the US, actually in South Carolina if you know where that is, you know that sate you ate breakfast in one day.

Secondly, how you deem China to be a predatory country and military enemy, you may wish to return to school and learn some history and foreign culture.

Lastly, your ideas are great in thought, however your national debt is so extreme, with and ever decreasing GDP , time will come.

When industrial manufacturing processes create dangerous waste that pollute the environment, there is a cost associated with this. You can ignore it and pretend it isn't there, in which case the cost gets higher but is passed on to our descendants, or you can account for it in the process. Either way, the cost does not go away. The Chinese are presently in the former mode, as we were, and it is costing them hugely. They will soon be forced to change this approach.

Reminds me of the dozens and dozens of post cold war Russian nuclear subs left to rot tied up in port, when they could not longer afford to run or maintain them. Let someone else in the future figure out what the do with the working nuclear reactors and unused nuclear fuel. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the dozens and dozens of post cold war Russian nuclear subs left to rot tied up in port, when they could not longer afford to run or maintain them. Let someone else in the future figure out what the do with the working nuclear reactors and unused nuclear fuel. :rolleyes:
Which is like a drop in the ocean compared to every nuclear power plant in the world, which is handled the exact same way - the used fuel is far worse than the unused fuel.

I totally agree with Hamish's comment that we are in serious trouble with out debt. People think because the media does not talk about it that it is not a serious problem, but it is, very serious.

I recently wrote a "Letter to the Editor" about it, but can't seem to get them to publish it. They even called me because they thought I had my facts wrong, seems that if U have a degree in Journalism you can not compute that 6% of $150,000 is $9,000 (interest per household) per year!

THE DEBT CEILING
* Democrats don't understand THE DEBT CEILING
* Republicans don't understand THE DEBT CEILING
* Liberals don't understand THE DEBT CEILING
* NO ONE understands THE DEBT CEILING
* SO - Allow me to explain.
Let's say you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood. Your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do -- raise the ceiling or pump out the %#&@?
Your choice is coming in November. Don't miss the opportunity.

I bought 4 Bosch spark plugs the other day at the saw shop here in town. I've always used Bosch....been a great product....still made in Germany...or so I thought. I took a plug out of the box and went to thread it in by hand and it broke in half. I guess the porcelin was cracked, not sure if damaged thru transport of faulty craftsmanship....but after cussing I noticed the plug said MADE IN CHINA...then I was really mad. I returned the plugs to the shop, and Bosch has lost a customer.

Dow

Oh...the russians just leave the un-used nuclear fuel and submarines tied to the pier now??? I remember when they used to tow their decrepid subs to the arctic circle and just allow them to sink there....used fuel, reactors and all. And hey...the Chinese and Russians have always been pretty good friends...I wonder how the Chinese dispose of their Russo/Chinese built nuclear submarines? Now that sounds scary.

http://gcaptain.com/soviet-atomic-waste-dump-threat-to-arctic-driling/

and this why i don't hang around here too much (ditto for some of the old timers too), people complaining / ranting about thing they won't change

Latest posts

Back