Rayco 1625 super Jr. Wheel shaft Bearing replacement questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So, I need to remove the lower pillow blocks that hold the cuter head, the lowers have not been greased properly in a while, largely due to the moronic placement of the grease fitting. They put it at the bottom of the thing and the greaser gets knocked off pretty much monthly and after a few times of replacing it at the end of the day one of them no longer takes any grease, I am going to say it's pulling HP out of the machine at this point. Does anyone have any idea of the bearing number so I can just go to one of the local bearing houses and get new ones? Maybe they have one that puts the fitting in a better spot? Can I drill in and tap a new hole at a safe location and get longer life?

Thoughts?

Never mind. I will try a grease buster tool then if I need bearings I see they are the Seal master Goldline NP 24.

Just replaced mine last year. I've never broken a fitting but it is in a bad spot. One option is to get a couple of the little plugs that screw into the grease fitting holes and leave them in. Then unscrew them and install the fittings when it's time to grease it. I wouldn't think you could damage the caps. It's a bit of a pain but you wouldn't have to do it that often.

Latest posts

Back