Rayco 1635 track Jr electric clutch issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Wallace

Collegeville Tree
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have a 2010 Rayco 1635 Track Jr with an electric clutch that is having some issues. In the middle of cutting a stump the clutch will disengage, it will continue disengaging every time the wheel makes contact with the stump until after about 10 minutes of fighting with it the clutch refuses to engage at all. It has been doing this for about a week now and I feel I’ve checked every possible wire/fuse/connection possible and can’t seem to figure it out. Anyone have any similar issues and know the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all the wires and connections are good it is probably the coil located in the clutch itself. How many hours does the clutch have on it?

About 1200, so that does sound like it may be the problem. Any way to check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a multimeter? If you do you can hook it up to the pigtail were the clutch plugs in. It should read between 12 and 14 volts. If you loose voltage when the intermittent problem happens it’s most likely the wiring and not the clutch itself.

Back