Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Rayco 1635 track Jr electric clutch issues

Discussion in 'Large Equipment' started by A Wallace, Aug 6, 2018.

1. A Wallace

A Wallace Collegeville Tree

Hey everybody, I have a 2010 Rayco 1635 Track Jr with an electric clutch that is having some issues. In the middle of cutting a stump the clutch will disengage, it will continue disengaging every time the wheel makes contact with the stump until after about 10 minutes of fighting with it the clutch refuses to engage at all. It has been doing this for about a week now and I feel I’ve checked every possible wire/fuse/connection possible and can’t seem to figure it out. Anyone have any similar issues and know the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Brian Holly

Brian Holly ArboristSite Lurker

If all the wires and connections are good it is probably the coil located in the clutch itself. How many hours does the clutch have on it?

3. A Wallace

A Wallace Collegeville Tree

About 1200, so that does sound like it may be the problem. Any way to check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Brian Holly

Brian Holly ArboristSite Lurker

Do you have a multimeter? If you do you can hook it up to the pigtail were the clutch plugs in. It should read between 12 and 14 volts. If you loose voltage when the intermittent problem happens it’s most likely the wiring and not the clutch itself.

dontbthatguy likes this.