Rayco RG1625 Belt Sizes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickinthesticks

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a well used Rayco RG1625 stump grinder for non-commercial use on my property. I'm in the process of totally restoring it but have a question regarding the original belt sizes.
The previous owner replaced the polychain belt but believes that the dealer gave him the wrong belt (too long) as the jackshaft adjustment as well as the motor adjustment is right at the limits.
The belt on the machine is a Mitsuboshi G14M1190.
The grinder looks to date to late 1996 or 97.
Could someone give the the size of the original polychain belt as well as the dual drive belts off the motor?
I bought the hydraulic pump belt but it looked to be original so it should be correct.
Thank you,
Rick.

Hello,

I believe Rayco used 3 different polychain belts on the super juniors over the years. You might give Rayco a call with your serial number handy to find out the correct part number.
The gates belt on a Rayco machine we did some testing on was part 14MGT-1190-37. which is 1190MM long, the same as your Mitsubishi belt.

The 3v A belts of the motor also came in two different lengths depending on the intermediate shaft sheave size. You will have to measure or look on the side of the sheave(pulley). You should have either a 3TA120(12") or a 3TA90 (9")
Message me back on here or shoot me an email [email protected] and I will look up the correct part number.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't been able to find a serial number on my machine. I have 2 parts manuals. a 1994 and a 2001. The 2001 shows where the serial number should be on the newer machine with the 2 front wheels but I can't find it on my single wheel unit. I may phone Rayco to find the location on the older machine.

My intermediate pulley is a 2TB90. I haven't measured the dual belts but will the next trip into town. Writing has been rubbed off from the belt hitting the shield at the engine end.

Rick

Back