Rayco Stump Grinder RG-1635A Buy Engine or Sell?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lancelwh

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My FIL has a tree service here in the greater Dayton Ohio area and he is the second owner of a 1994 Rayco RG-1635A stump grinder.

The 35HP Wisconsin engine is in parts. Story is that the first owner took it apart to work on it or overhaul/rebuild it and never put it back together. I'll be out to the farm and get a few pictures and post them up in the next few days.

I'm wondering how much it would be worth selling for parts as-is, and on the other hand-if i wanted to put a new motor on it what kind would be best suited for it with minimal modifications?

There has to be quite a few guys out there that have blown engines or replaced them. Any advice or thread reference would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Lance

I am not sure what it would cost to ship, a friend of mine near San Diego, Ca. has a rebuilt Wisconsin V4 I Think it a 30 HP with very low hours for 700.00 dollars. His name is Mike and he can be reached at 619-726-3000 if your interested.

Pictures!!

I'm attempting to attach some pictures...

SANY0491.jpg

SANY0490.jpg

If you are going to replace the engine, then find another brand of engine that you can adapt to that machine. I would assume a Kohler Command series could be found that would adapt easily.
I think, for a brand new, complete, Kohler Command engine, you are probably looking at around $2000 - $2500. More, if you have to hire a shop to install it. So, you have to decide if the machine is worth investing this much money into it.
Jeff

Hey everyone,

My FIL has a tree service here in the greater Dayton Ohio area and he is the second owner of a 1994 Rayco RG-1635A stump grinder.

The 35HP Wisconsin engine is in parts. Story is that the first owner took it apart to work on it or overhaul/rebuild it and never put it back together. I'll be out to the farm and get a few pictures and post them up in the next few days.

I'm wondering how much it would be worth selling for parts as-is, and on the other hand-if i wanted to put a new motor on it what kind would be best suited for it with minimal modifications?

There has to be quite a few guys out there that have blown engines or replaced them. Any advice or thread reference would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Lance
Hi, I have one in the same condition, I was curious to know how you made out on this. I know this is an old post but it came up in a search I did.

Back