Rayco super teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianCT

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a rayco rg45 diesel. I currently run super teeth and I like the way they cut and the chip containment. My problem is I seem to be going through led teeth like crazy, I feel like I can’t get through a day without changing atleast one set of straight teeth. I know those things take a beating but I feel this is excessive. I do live in New England so there are a ton of rocks and ledge in the ground. The machines a 2017 with only 400 hours on it. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? What’s the fix?

Hi Brian,

Green Teeth is the answer. Most of my customers run 900 reds or wearsharps on the RG45's. You won't have to remove the pocket bolts. Simply loosen the nut on top of the tooth and turn 1/3 of a turn and you now have a new cutting edge. You can visit our website at https://store.globalequipmentexporters.com/greenteeth-c356.aspx and view the products. You would also need 900 series pockets and the LP-300 3" bolts.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

With a lot of rocks, I don't think Green Teeth is the way to go. I had them on a big Bandit tracked machine and hated them in rocky ground. The edges seemed to chip really easy. Sure, you can turn them, but who wants to turn a tooth 3 times in one day, and that can happen in rocks. Previously, on a smaller Rayco, I just used the Rayco teeth, and was happy with them. My experience with Green Teeth was not good, so be careful before you jump in.

With a lot of rocks, I don't think Green Teeth is the way to go. I had them on a big Bandit tracked machine and hated them in rocky ground. The edges seemed to chip really easy. Sure, you can turn them, but who wants to turn a tooth 3 times in one day, and that can happen in rocks. Previously, on a smaller Rayco, I just used the Rayco teeth, and was happy with them. My experience with Green Teeth was not good, so be careful before you jump in.

Thanks for the response. I’m not sure what my answer is. I can not get through a day, for the most part, without needed to change out those lead teeth. At 15 dollars each I find that they are over priced and not built very well. I want to switch to a sandvic wheel but that’s a 2000 dollar upgrade. I will do it eventually but would like to get through the season for now. Just not sure if anyone else was experiencing this

Hi Brian,

When you're ready to upgrade to a Sandvik wheel, please let me know as I'm a New River Equipment dealer as well.

Thanks and have great day!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Yes, the Sandvic is great. That is what I used on my three diesel machines, later on. The Sandvic wheel and tooth system is well worth the money you will spend on it.

Thanks for the response. I’m not sure what my answer is. I can not get through a day, for the most part, without needed to change out those lead teeth. At 15 dollars each I find that they are over priced and not built very well. I want to switch to a sandvic wheel but that’s a 2000 dollar upgrade. I will do it eventually but would like to get through the season for now. Just not sure if anyone else was experiencing this

My advise is to change the wheel over when the cutter bearings start to go. You can buy the wheel presses on a shaft with bearings set. It saves a good amount of time.

Wait, are you calling the straight teeth "lead teeth"? Reason I'm asking is on my 1645, they are not in a lead position, they are in a clean-out position.

I call them lead teeth because they are out the furthest and take a ton of abuse compare to the others.

Latest posts

Back