ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

really old homelite

HomeDelight Man

HomeDelight Man

ArboristSite Operative
Hi There, As far as I know the Homelited Model 20 was Homelites first gasoline driven chainsaw. Homelite had made a few electric and hydralic chainsaws. I have only every seen the model 20 on ebay. It is the only saw I know that has those nice big lightning holes in the bar. If you have one I would like to see pictures. Hope this helps a little, Jonathan:blob2:

homelite360

homelite360

ArboristSite Operative
yes it is one with holes int he bar to lighten it up. i will go out and take some pics of it and send them to you soon. this saw is a beast and i hope to get her running. she is all there and came with the origional owners manual. that right there is worth almost as much as the saw. but i will get those picx.

HUSKYMAN

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good to see you are still around, Jonathan. Hadn't heard from you in a while. Though I guess with the current state of Homelite saws it is pretty depressing. Yesterday I saw my buddies homelite collection, all of which are still in use with his tree service. He had a 750, a 650, a 360 and a 300. You would have been proud. That 750 looked like it was ready to eat some Stihl's for breakfast:p

HomeDelight Man

HomeDelight Man

ArboristSite Operative
Hi Huskyman, I have been busy lately. Sounds like your buddy has a nice collections, I would be proud of that collection. Nothing like the power of a 750's hemihead. Great saws. Homelites are at the bottom of the barrell, it is depressing. It is like having a national hero on life support, I hope somebody pulls the plug before they embarass themsleves some more. Well that enough whining I got a Homelite 2100 with a GEM V-12 reed cage and dual Tillotson 360 carbs that needs some more tweeking. Jonathan:blob2:

kdhotsaw

kdhotsaw

Yoda
To Homelite 360,
Hey Andrew, If you want to see some pictures of Jonathan's homelight 2100 hotsaw [THE RED BEAST] go to arboristsite's chainsaw collector's corner, then go to homelite modified saws. There are 3 pictures of his 2100 there. Jonathan [Homedelight man] has since installed daul tillotsons and it is one fast saw.The third picture is a 23 inch pine cut in 4.9 seconds