Rebuilding Husky 362 XPG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. K

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know there have been posts about rebuilding a saw like mine on here, but I was wondering if I could get some info from someone who knows what my numbers on the tag mean. All I know is the year and model. Here they are:

362 XPG Special
965 64 32-00
01 3500003

By the way, this saw was awesome, as many of you know. I have scoring in the chamber and the rings are shot too. I worked the heck out of it though, and I have some more time on my hands these days so I thought I'd rebuild it. Thank you for any help you can offer!

I was just going to rebuild it with whatever is available, I thought it had enough power the way it was, but I am having trouble figuring out what to order from baileys for instance to keep it 'stock'. I don't think that building it up to 372 would necessarily be bad, I guess I am asking for direction, haha. What seems to work well when you rebuild it?

New OEM 372 p/c, new SKF crankcase bearings, new seals and gaskets. Replace fuel line, impulse line and filter. Is bottom end rod bearing tight, zero vertical movement? How bad is cylinder scored, maybe able to clean up.

Thank you for that info. I think I'd better do the whole thing, the scoring is really bad and the saw has lived its life in its current state, it needs a total refresh. I appreciate it.

Thank you for that info. I think I'd better do the whole thing, the scoring is really bad and the saw has lived its life in its current state, it needs a total refresh. I appreciate it.
Do you live close to me, if so. You are more than welcome to use my case splitter.

Oh man, that's very kind! Thanks, but unfortunately I live down near Detroit. I hunt and fish up in Mio sometimes though, and if I can't get this sorted out I will definitely let you know.

Latest posts

Back