• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Rebuilt 044 stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmith40004

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Have a 12 mm angle finned 044 for sale.

Crank bearings and seals have maybe 20 tanks on them. New stihl piston n ring kit has 5.

I built the bottom end and ran a 046 BB kit I've decided to sell so I cleaned the oem cylinder and reinstalled

Nothing cracked, stripped or broken. Some one painted the white grey at sometime

$425 shipped phoimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

What kind of shape was the original cylinder in before you cleaned it up? Any scoring, chipped plating, etc? How much missing original paint is obscured by the grey? I have an 044 already and don't need another, but if I were shopping I'd want to know those things. Pics are a little grainy and the cloudy lighting makes it hard to tell whether the plastics are glossy or dulled. Regardless, that's a good price.

There was some light scoring. Acid bath and lightly buffed. No playing problems at all. The plastic is good and bright. Doesn't look to be much flaking below the grey paint. The bottom side is the worst looks like it has rode in the back of a truck. Fuel tank is a little yellow.
If a person wanted to take the time it could be cleaned up and made to look really good

The looks of a saw don't mean much to me as long as they aren't beat. They are a tool

James

There was some light scoring. Acid bath and lightly buffed. No playing problems at all. The plastic is good and bright. Doesn't look to be much flaking below the grey paint. The bottom side is the worst looks like it has rode in the back of a truck. Fuel tank is a little yellow.
If a person wanted to take the time it could be cleaned up and made to look really good

The looks of a saw don't mean much to me as long as they aren't beat. They are a tool

James

My 044 is extraordinarily ugly - 10mm crank in an MS440 case, well-used cylinder with broken fins, new meteor piston, faded plastics with a bent-up 044 badge on top. If someone offered me $350 for it I'd turn them down flat.

Back