Rebuilt Husky 350 Running Goofy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't open the high to get more RPM you close it down a little (clockwise). 12,500 would be more in line with the 350 cutting speed. Mike
Owner's manual recommends 9,000 RPM at WOT. So, I figured 9,50o was OK. Yes, I know that closing the Hi setscrew will lean it out and let it scream more. So, opening it up a tad will lower to 9,000.

Maybe that's why this saw burned out. The original owner ran it all the way up to 12,500 RPM. :eek:

The rev limiter is about 13k I believe, so maybe about where Rupe said. Sorry I didn’t see where you said in the cut. Not trying to nitpick. Wish you the best with the saw.

The rev limiter is about 13k I believe, so maybe about where Rupe said. Sorry I didn’t see where you said in the cut. Not trying to nitpick. Wish you the best with the saw.
Thank you. It's been a long journey with this saw. Most owners would have trashed it last year. I elected to save it. I have a gut feeling that the carb may still be OK. The top end and the coil were likely the major culprits that shut it down. Both were destroyed by heat while running lean.

How the heck old is this chainsaw? The user manual just says tune the H until it 'sounds' right...
Not sure of its age. I would guess at least 15 years. Cosmetically, it looks very good, so I imagine it has a few years of shelf sitting. That's about all I did with the new carb, adjust the Hi until it sounded right. After that, it cut very well also. Possibly the coil was only firing every two RPM's and the spark was weak.

She's a good runner now and an 18" B/C seems ideal for her. I like this saw. Thanks again, men.

Back