• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Rebuilt Husqvarna 55 / 50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Rebuilt Husqvarna 55 chainsaw. Rebuilt carburetor, new: fuel line, fuel filter, crankshaft bearings, seals, intake grommet, impulse grommet, after market piston and rings, and sprocket rim. OEM cylinder 46mm. Obviously, the top cover, starter cover, and air filter / carb system are from a model 50. The top cover has a crack and the clutch cover is rough but works fine. The isolation rubbers are in good shape. $225 + shipping. The new Ducati coil pictured died after 20 minutes of run time. It now has a used coil from a Partner 5000.

Husky 55 1.jpg husky 55 2.jpg Husky 55 3.jpg
More pictures at:
https://husky55.shutterfly.com/

I gave $6 each for the Fag bearings from Amazon. That was two years ago and I've never seen them that cheap. I picked up 3 SHINDAIWA - BEARING; BALL 6202 C3 SDA V592000290 for $5.99 each, they are NTN. The seals run $7 to 8 each.

I gave $6 each for the Fag bearings from Amazon. That was two years ago and I've never seen them that cheap. I picked up 3 SHINDAIWA - BEARING; BALL 6202 C3 SDA V592000290 for $5.99 each, they are NTN. The seals run $7 to 8 each.
I just priced the bearings for my MS200T 20.45 each the seals 11.49 that means about 63.00 for just bearings and seals!

I know some of the Stihl bearings are high. The PTO side of the 346XP is a bit pricey.

I ran a couple of tanks through this saw cutting hedge yesterday. The only issue I had was the starter pawls stuck open. My fault, I didn't oil them after cleaning the flywheel in the Ultrasonic. Starts, idles, oils, cuts great.

I will include a used but sharpened extra chain. I can set up different bar and chain combos for a fee. One option is a 3/8 pitch Homelite 16" bar.

375 bar 1.JPG 375 bar 2.JPG 375 bar 3.JPG

Something tells me you should just come join the 50/51/55 chainsaw race at my place next weekend! ;)

Nice saws these are. I have been impressed how well mine cut and mine don't have that much compression.

These are great saws. I completely rebuilt 5 last year. Try one with a close port top end and you'll really love it.

I tried a couple of the hyway 55 closed port cylinders out and they seem pretty good. I don't really like having more than .050 squish though. :(

I tried a couple of the hyway 55 closed port cylinders out and they seem pretty good. I don't really like having more than .050 squish though. :(

I had .072 squish on the other 50 posted before I changed the chinese piston. If I have a choice, I won't be buying any more chinese pistons or cylinders.

deleteing the base gasket sometimes helps .010-.020 but it would be nice if they actually spent some R&D time on these repop cylinders. the quality is getting alot better on some brands but seriously...??? they can't bolt one on and at least check the squish??? They are just shooting them selves in the foot with shotty merchandise. Would love to have a lathe to get my squish bands cut... too bad my grandma and uncle sold my grandfathers metal lathe with all the tooling for $400... :angry::angry::angry: Idiots!

Back