Rec. Climb on the UMASS Amherst Campus!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEff B

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
For all who are interested; i want to get a rec climb organized out here in western MA on the umass campus. They have some great trees out here that i climb all the time and no worries about anyone complaining. so if anyone is interested in making the trip out here i will orginize it. Since i am already up here and in school rather then working pretty much anyday works for me. so you guys let me know if your interested and when will work best for you

BostonBull said:
I am also interested, it would be best for me on a saturday.

A saturday would work great. i have 4 or 5 people in the area that are also interested all beginners. it would be great to have some people here that know what they are doing. Also i don't know if anyone is familiar with Dr. Brian Kane at stockbridge school of Ag. but i am going to ask him to come and climb with us when we know the date. He's a great climber with a ton of knowledge about climbing and Arborculture

JEff B said:
A saturday would work great. i have 4 or 5 people in the area that are also interested all beginners. it would be great to have some people here that know what they are doing. Also i don't know if anyone is familiar with Dr. Brian Kane at stockbridge school of Ag. but i am going to ask him to come and climb with us when we know the date. He's a great climber with a ton of knowledge about climbing and Arborculture

Hey Jeff are you still at Stockbridge, or at the University?

JEff B said:
University finishing my BA in urban forestry, why you looking to get some education? :laugh:

Been there, done that.

Maybe I'll hire you when you're done.:buttkick:

I am looking for Stockies to recruit into a not-so-top-secret organization.

OTG BOSTON said:
Been there, done that.

Maybe I'll hire you when you're done.:buttkick:

I am looking for Stockies to recruit into a not-so-top-secret organization.

well let me know. ill be done with school in may and possibly looking for a job. i have my degree in Arborculture and will have a BA in Urban Forestry

OTG BOSTON said:
What would Tim have to say about that?:hmm3grin2orange:

hopefully he would tell me i just got a raise, no but i have been there for 5 years and it is the only tree company i have worked for and i would like to check out some other jobs before i settle back into that one....it would also be nice to work somewhere other then worcester for a change

JEff B said:
hopefully he would tell me i just got a raise, no but i have been there for 5 years and it is the only tree company i have worked for and i would like to check out some other jobs before i settle back into that one....it would also be nice to work somewhere other then worcester for a change

I've had a couple of Umass guys job shadow me before. I'd be happy to do the same for you. My job is definately NOT like the commercial industry.

OTG BOSTON said:
I've had a couple of Umass guys job shadow me before. I'd be happy to do the same for you. My job is definately NOT like the commercial industry.

OTG,
It would be great to shadow you for a day. So what is your job like? removals, prunnings, PHC?

JEff B said:
OTG,
It would be great to shadow you for a day. So what is your job like? removals, prunnings, PHC?

It depends on the time of year. In the spring you are likely to see all of those things going on and planting, of course. Basically I run around this city like a madman looking at work and checking in with the general formen who work for me who are supervising crews. Plan future work, go to boring meetings, put out fires. Answer a few emergency calls. Then back to the office to enter any data collected that day into the main computer system and plan the work for the crews for the next day.

BTW college boy, pruning has one "N":dizzy:

Let me know when you want to come out.

Back