rec climbing not to many thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osb_mail

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am kind of surprised there are not more people chim in on this part of the site . So thought I might .I rec climb on weekends I live in ohio . Don t know anyone arround here that climb for fun

I'm with You...I like to Rec climb on the weekends
trying new techniques...advancing,redirects new
knots and such.This seems to help when I'm
on the Job doing removals and pruning.I have
numerous large oaks on the property and use these.
Anyone around Cape Cod.....(Woods Hole)...?

I'm with You...I like to Rec climb on the weekends
trying new techniques...advancing,redirects new
knots and such.This seems to help when I'm
on the Job doing removals and pruning.I have
numerous large oaks on the property and use these.
Anyone around Cape Cod.....(Woods Hole)...?

I'm in Boston but I get down that way once in a while. If you invite some climbers over let me know and I'll try to make it.
-moss

count me in!

I have a family place in Marion with a couple of good sized oaks, tupelos, and pines. I'm pretty busy untill after N.E. Grows, but would be able to do something after that.

Sounds Good..!

I've got a new Hank of Arbor master Blue Streak
coming today from Sherrill along with a new
eye & eye split tail (Bee line 10mm).
I'm going to see how these perform this weekend.

Night Owle......

I've got a new Hank of Arbor master Blue Streak
coming today from Sherrill along with a new
eye & eye split tail (Bee line 10mm).
I'm going to see how these perform this weekend.

Night Owle......

I like bluestreak alot, now I'm climbing on Firefly, its awesome!. Just got some icetail, and bailout to try as splittails. If the weather holds I'll try 'em today, stay tuned.

Has anyone tryed true blue

True blue is the newest rope I have bought it seems to ok .It is a little heavey though .It is also kind of slick probably needs some more break in time . I am thinking about buying another rope to use for accending only any suggestions . I have see alot of place advertiseing 7/16 24 strand .

I'm about in the middle of you MA guys that have posted - I'm in Plainville, just behind the Wrentham Outlets on 495.

I'm just learning to climb pretty much on my own. I'm doing ok by reading information in books and on the internet but I'm sure I would learn a lot more in person from someone more experienced. Maybe once the weather gets better (although so far, it really hasn't been bad) sometime this spring/summer we can somehow get together. I have mostly straight oaks here, not too tall but good for a beginner. I have made contact with Moss but we're both busy so we haven't managed to meet yet.

Moe

I am kind of surprised there are not more people chim in on this part of the site . So thought I might .I rec climb on weekends I live in ohio . Don t know anyone arround here that climb for fun

I live in Ohio, have always climbed solo (same as you couldn't find ay fellow climbers). Has been a bit since I did climb, changed jobs, got fat as all get out. Took a little while, but I finally got my priorities back in order, working on shedding some tonnage, and hope to be back aloft this spring! Maybe we will bump into one another somewhere along the way.

Matt

Yeah I would like to climb more

I climb usually once a week . I am not very fast but I learning . I hope to climb a lot more this year than last . I got some pretty good gear probably buy more this summer . Hey also there is going to be tree climbers competition at holden arboretum in June I plan going to to watch I think it would good place to learn some techniques.
381120961_edbfebbe4b_m.jpg

Last edited:
mass here

Hello all...from the north east of mass and used to climb on the job but loved it so much i would love to do it again in some free time. Just need to buy the gear and well....that takes money....from what i recall a lot...anyways my fast question was iam a big guy...6'1'' 240lbs and used to look like a black bear going up a tree but i got there.....i wanted to know about ascending gear...some kinda clap that makes you go up a little bit more easier..... work or don't work ?? i enjoy climbing and know its not easy but i also don't want to have a heart attack and kill my self on days off to much....

come to NE grows!

Hello all...from the north east of mass and used to climb on the job but loved it so much i would love to do it again in some free time. Just need to buy the gear and well....that takes money....from what i recall a lot...anyways my fast question was iam a big guy...6'1'' 240lbs and used to look like a black bear going up a tree but i got there.....i wanted to know about ascending gear...some kinda clap that makes you go up a little bit more easier..... work or don't work ?? i enjoy climbing and know its not easy but i also don't want to have a heart attack and kill my self on days off to much....

I'll be giving a demonstration of SRT on wed at 9am.

i wanted to know about ascending gear...some kinda clap that makes you go up a little bit more easier..... work or don't work ?? i enjoy climbing and know its not easy but i also don't want to have a heart attack and kill my self on days off to much....

SRT gives you more efficient 1:1 climbing. Still have to work since you are going straight up :) A little practice and you can get a smooth motion. You can go as fast or slow as you want so you can avoid hear attack :)
-moss

OTG.....Nice seeing you today, good luck tomorrow!!

Let em know if this MA climb is going to happen, I would love to make it.

I'am in to

I'am not the best Climber with out spikes. But I do get by. But tell you I really tired after climbing with out spike. I live in Springfield, ma

Thanks

OTG.....Nice seeing you today, good luck tomorrow!!

Let em know if this MA climb is going to happen, I would love to make it.

Wed went well, hard not to, being paired with one of the best comp. climbers in the Northeast.

We have got to start making plans now for the spring climb, with a rain date etc. Probably best to have permission for a large group climb, tough to go ninja with a bunch of guys carrying gear!

Latest posts

Back