Recommendations for best in-tree chainsaw for limb walking climbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowman910

Reaction score
New here and hope I'm posting to the right place. What is best chainsaw for in-tree limb walking climbing work? Am about to give up on the no delivery estimate on backorder of the saw I ordered and am thinking about cancelling and trying something different.

New here and hope I'm posting to the right place. What is best chainsaw for in-tree limb walking climbing work? Am about to give up on the no delivery estimate on backorder of the saw I ordered and am thinking about cancelling and trying something different.
Cs2511t, no question. Dont look back and thank me later

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

I thank you now, and if that works out I'm sure I'll be thanking you some more later. What is the second best option? I want to get something I can use soon. I have not heard of any Echo backorder problem, but will inquire.

I don’t know what you are, but if a tree surgeon that uses a chainsaw up a tree from rope and harness etc the industry standard where I am is MS200T or MS201TC...slowly evolving to include the battery Husqvarna 540iXP. I use the Stihls atm and don’t see a need for anything between a sharp Silky and the Stihl. If I don’t take the top handle up the Silky does it all, anything bigger and I get the Stihl sent up. Now, if it’s a tax write-off consideration, maybe a small cc top handle is worth it...but I’d just end up getting another ‘proper’ one. Nothing worse that having to chase the cut with a saw that has no guts

I abused this little beast today in 12” holm oak and it just kept screaming all day long.
Believe it or not my fave saws brand is Dolmar, but for modern solid reliability (in the UK at least where Dolmars are rare beasts) it is often Stihl that comes up trumps.
I’ve tried a few Husqvarna top handles in the past and they all fell short, and one Echo about 4 years ago which felt nice ergonomically and power wise, but not enough to shift me away from Stihl.

The saw I'd ordered that is on endless backorder was the Stihl MS-151-TC-12. The local dealer has been very helpful over the years and I've stuck with them rather than order on Amazon or eBay. They had a Stihl MS-201-TC-16 in stock, and I almost went with that, but it is about 2 lbs heavier than the MS-151-TC, and weight was the reason for my initial choice of the MS-151-TC. I changed the order today to substitute the Echo CS-2511T-14 (thanks again, Robin Wood), and will see how that goes, should be here in less than a week. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and comments.

I think globally Stihl is having supply issues. I have ordered a load of filing gauges (I think about a month ago now) and there is no sign yet. Hopefully you’ll have more luck with Echo :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back