Recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatever

Reaction score
Hey all,
I need some recommendations on what books to get and read. I have the Tree Climbers Companion and Beranek's book, but I'd like something that talked more specifically about pruning and tree biology. Any help would be appreciated.
P.S.
I tried to search the forums so I wouldn't have to ask this, but I couldn't pull up the search. Is it the sight or just me?

A new tree biology by Alex L. Shigo. 618 informative pages. I would say many policies and standards of tree care today came about by this man's efforts. On the cover is a man's hand touching a tree. Facts, photos, and philosophies on trees and their problems and proper care. Try not to skip the technical petri dish stuff in the first part and skip to the more easily understandable later chapters.

I just got Ed Gilmans book, illustrated guide to pruning. buy it. its worth the money easily. and most any of Dr Shigo's stuff is worth reading too.

In addition to A New Tree Biology I'd recommend Modern Arboriculture also by Alex Shigo. Both books are easier to read than any textbook, and even complicated concepts are explained in just a page or two. Most libraries carry them if you don't have the money to shell out for them, but they are great resources and well worth the price.

Latest posts

Back