Record keeping questions for dept of ag requirements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbodave

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So we're required to keep records of fert and pesticide applications for 5 years. Required info to keep is date, time of day, temp, wind, address, qty of product used, rate etc.

I have one question that I think is important. We do apple scab sprays at a company. On the other side of the same building is another company called the Autism center. The first company hires us to spray the crabapple trees in front of Both companies. Some trees are right in front of the Autism center entrance. I don't feel comfortable spraying the trees at the Autism center because I don't know if the other company has authority to sign up for them or if it meets dept of ag requirements.

I wanted to seperate the jobs this year and get authorization directly from the Autism center, but my manager said to ask Allen company if they have authorization for the autism center.

We've done this job for many years now and the Autism center people have never complained about it. I even have to go inside every time to have them move their cars away from the trees so spray doesn't drip on them. There are several full size crabapple trees near the entrance and along their parking lot and is just a huge pain in the butt and under priced job to begin with. Plus I can't contact the autism center to let them know when I am coming, since my only contact is with the other company.

What do you think is the best way to go about dealing with this situation?

I found out from the MDA only the building owner has authorization to have spray work done next door, so I asked my contact if his company was the owner of the building. Problem solved. We'll see how it turns out.

Back