Recreational climbing nj

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggs1984

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can climb recreationally in nj without getting in trouble? I emailed the park systems in my area and they said no.

do it anyway?

I wonder how much trouble you'd get in if you went "ninja " mode and climbed anyway? It's easier to get forivness than permission.

Living in NJ also.... I think out of sight out of mind is the approach to take. I don't recall seeing signs on any state land that I hunt saying no tree climbing..... Every time I hunt, I climb a tree either with a climbing stand or a hang on with sticks.

My experience seems, State and municipal workers are trained to say no to "everything" over the phone.

Go climb just don't bring any attention to yourself and you should be fine:msp_wink:

awesome!! thank you all for your input. I was thinking I know people who hunt with tree stands and nobody ever bothers them. and bucks county is a hell of a hike haha

If you go here:

http://www.nj.gov/dep/rules/rules/njac7_2.pdf

7:2-2.22 Recreational activities

I couldn't find anything that says you can't climb trees, BUT, it also says:

(c) Activities listed in (a) above are not all inclusive. The Assistant Director of the Division for the State Park Service or the Regional Superintendent or their designee must approve any other activity not specifically regulated.

So that essentially means, you need clearance to do something if its not listed.

I would just find a quiet corner out of the way/sight of anyone and have at it. Then if asked to leave , do so.

Sent you a pm as well.

Back