Red Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got in a little work this afternoon before the rain hit. Didn't get to split a full tank. The clouds were getting dark so we quit and stacked what we had.

attachment.php

Still have a lot to go.

attachment.php

Starting of second row.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Looking good, SS.

I personally don't see what's so hard about splitting elm and just use my Fiskars Super Splitter, but then again I ain't 448 years old like you is. :D

Take care tonight!

:cheers:

Looking good, SS.

I personally don't see what's so hard about splitting elm and just use my Fiskars Super Splitter, but then again I ain't 448 years old like you is. :D

Take care tonight!

:cheers:

I fell a couple of big Chinese Elms for my mom a few months ago.
Green as hell, OMG they were heavy and hard to split.
Im not sure how dry elm is to split, but green, water ran out of every block as I cut them, and as we split them :dizzy:

Time for this thread to die, The last has been split and stacked. These rows are about 25 feet long and six foot high. Three rows. Now to go cut some more.

attachment.php

attachment.php

These rows are 20 feet long and six to seven foot high, Five rows. All that i have is redoak, Elm and wild cherry.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good job Mad Dawg. Did you ever cut up that monster oak, or is that what you're fixin to do now?

Good job Mad Dawg. Did you ever cut up that monster oak, or is that what you're fixin to do now?
It's still there if the naders ain't took it away. Don't know what i'm gonna do with it yet. I have four other red oaks that need cutting. I will have to buy a bigger bar and chain if i tackle it. Also need a bigger saw.lol... No i ain't buyin a bigger saw.

Back