Red Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife and me split a tankfull this evening.

attachment.php

The elm split. Not to bad.

attachment.php

Stacked and ready to burn one and a half years from now. It's about three feet high and 25 feet long.

attachment.php

Your split wood looks good.
Have you split any of the oak yet?
Do you think it will take that long to dry?

You got a good start there SS, I would'nt be able to wait a year and half to burn it though :msp_w00t:

Last edited:
Nice Score!! When I first looked at some of the pictures I had my doubts. Nothng worse than cutting in to a nasty mess. Seems like those city trees are full of rocks and sand. They like to eat chains. Hey! Looks like you got it done. Always nice to see the wood is stacks. Lot of hard work but the pay off is worth it.

Good Job!!

You got a got start there SS, I would'nt be able to wait a year and half to burn it though :msp_w00t:
I have enough in another shed for next year, But we don't have the cold winters like you do.

Nice Score!! When I first looked at some of the pictures I had my doubts. Nothng worse than cutting in to a nasty mess. Seems like those city trees are full of rocks and sand. They like to eat chains. Hey! Looks like you got it done. Always nice to see the wood is stacks. Lot of hard work but the pay off is worth it.

Good Job!!
Thanks, I went back over there yesterday to look and the 90 plus winds took out a few more trees the other day.

Their in different place, One went through another house. It's a nice red oak too.

This weather nonsense has got to straighten out soon, I hope.

A couple weeks of normal would do wonders, for earth and the minds of the people on it.

Red anything sounds good to burn.

Latest posts

Back