Red Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Tornado would scare the ever loving crap out of me.
Keep your head down boys, do not push your luck.
Do you have a storm shelter like I see on TV?

Be safe!!!

A Tornado would scare the ever loving crap out of me.
Keep your head down boys, do not push your luck.
Do you have a storm shelter like I see on TV?

Be safe!!!

Best shelter I ever saw was in the movie "The Road". That one was stocked pretty well.

BTW, if you haven't seen it, its a good movie, based on Cormack McCarthy's book of the same name. If you watch it or read the book, do it when the weather straightens out; the book may require a week of good weather.

Split another tankful in between storms.

attachment.php

Stack is six foot high now. Ready to start another row. There's still enough on the ground to split to make at least one and a half more rows.

attachment.php

Split another tankful in between storms.

attachment.php

Stack is six foot high now. Ready to start another row. There's still enough on the ground to split to make at least one and a half more rows.

attachment.php

Great looking stack of wood.
WIll you be able to burn it next year this time?

Did you already split all the crotches in that chunk of tree?

I was needing a few pieces of nicely grained RedElm crotch.....

Scott B

Did you already split all the crotches in that chunk of tree?

I was needing a few pieces of nicely grained RedElm crotch.....

Scott B
I don't think so, I did split a few of them today but i'm sure there is more there. If i see a nice one i'll throw it aside and let ya know. To tell you the truth, I really don't know if it's red elm or not. It's not much red after it has dried out some. I'll throw you a nice one out and i can even bring it to you. Since you are really close.

One of my site un seen bids for a walnut tree removal turned out to be red elm. He kept the credit for the walnut log. :hmm3grin2orange:

Next bid should specify that the credit requires it to be walnut!

Cool!

Going to bury it in the compost bin for the summer/fall anyway to get it to spalt some.

Isn't RedElm also called SlipperyElm?

Scott B

One of my site un seen bids for a walnut tree removal turned out to be red elm. He kept the credit for the walnut log. :hmm3grin2orange:

Next bid should specify that the credit requires it to be walnut!
I wish it was a walnut tree, I'd be sellin the log. Those things bring a good price i hear.

Cool!

Going to bury it in the compost bin for the summer/fall anyway to get it to spalt some.

Scott B
Shoot, I can bring ya more than one. I don't know if it's called slippery elm or not. This is a first for me. I always burned mostly oak.

Still have a Black Walnut log laying at Chad's place that is 33" tapered to 27" and 18-ish feet long. Haven't slabbed it up yet as the trailer is still loaded with BW slabs!!!

Guess I need to shoot you a PM......

Scott B

Cool!

Scott B

My dad would get the spalted rounds and turn them to make bowls. They look very neat.
Sorry SS, did not mean to HI-Jak your thread.

Back