ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Red lever 026 slobbering oil

Mountainman

Mountainman

ArboristSite Operative
Website
Visit site
Only problem I see with this saw is that when running, it slobbers oil on the clutch cover and down the front. It became plainly visible after only a few minutes of idling. Is this a common problem with the 026? Any ideas as to what it might take to fix it? I don't mind putting it in the shop if it's something simple.

Thanks in advance.

idoseadoo

idoseadoo

ArboristSite Lurker
When my automatic oiler was puking oil on my 7-10 automatic, it was because I had an extra hole in the oil chamber. Make sure it's sealed up well

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mad Professor

Mad Professor

Addicted to ArboristSite
The pump is shaft driven, so it always oils. There should be an adjustment screw on the bottom. You can turn it down, but not off at idle.
The pumps that run off the clutch drum are adjustable. The shaft driven ones run all the time and don't have an adjustment.

If you leave the saw idling it will pump oil ,and leave it's mark, like an old Harley or air cooled Volkswagen

cuinrearview

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
The pumps that run off the clutch drum are adjustable. The shaft driven ones run all the time and don't have an adjustment.

If you leave the saw idling it will pump oil ,and leave it's mark, like an old Harley or air cooled Volkswagen
My first real saw was an 026. It marked it's spot everywhere. I thought it was adjustable but it's been a while since I owned it.