Reed-Prentice model identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disston

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Craftsman 2 man chainsaw. It is in great shape and the guy I got from said he ran it about 10 years ago. I did research and found that it was manufactured by Reed-Prentice. Unfortunately there isn’t a model number on it. To me it looks like a 1200B, however those seem to have a different handle on the opposite side of the engine. It also looks like a 351-23001.

Any help identifying this saw would be great and does anyone have a value they would put on this saw. Also if you have any parts break downs or owners manuals I would be interested in getting a copy. Thanks!

chainsawsweb1.jpg

I recently picked up a Craftsman 2 man chainsaw. It is in great shape and the guy I got from said he ran it about 10 years ago. I did research and found that it was manufactured by Reed-Prentice. Unfortunately there isn’t a model number on it. To me it looks like a 1200B, however those seem to have a different handle on the opposite side of the engine. It also looks like a 351-23001.

Any help identifying this saw would be great and does anyone have a value they would put on this saw. Also if you have any parts break downs or owners manuals I would be interested in getting a copy. Thanks!

chainsawsweb1.jpg

Yep, it's a 1200B, only in Craftsman trim ,same saw. The motor was actually manufactured by McCulloch! The carb is a nightmare on these things.........IMHO
Igpow: cheers

Latest posts

Back